Yokohama AD08R - Anyone got them on their 200?

Ok, so I still haven't bought a new set of tyres ha ha....cannot decide!!

I have had the Yoko's on a different car and do really rate them, and they are cheap as hell now from Camskill. The Nankangs are also very good, and only slightly more expensive? than the Yokos (unsure why as surely Yoko is more of a premium brand?). I would however like to try something different, hence considering something else;

On the flip side, I am also tempted by either Michelin Pilot Super Sports, or Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2's. Both of these tyres are some £35 more each though. I wonder whether despite the initial outlay if they would be a better buy in the long run, in terms of longevity? I've always rated Michelin tyres highly so am confident they'd be good. The Super Sports will be better in the wet though so may be the most sensible choice.

Has anyone got the MPSS or Cup 2's?

Here are the places i've found with the best prices anyway:

MPSS:

http://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rs...n=&Label=F-A-71-2&details=Ordern&typ=R-279969

MPSC2:

http://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rs...n=&Label=E-C-70-2&details=Ordern&typ=R-274895

Yokohama AD08R:

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?show=114351

Nankang NS2R:

http://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rs...t_t=1444645527000&wt_ga=&wt_kw=&wt_mc=froogle

Last edited:
I had PSS on a previous car and they were really good. Only issue was the outside shoulder worn quite quick on them but I think that was partially down to the setup of the suspension.

With winter on it's way, I wouldn't be going semi-slick!

I had Yokohama AD08R's on my Civic Type R all last winter and drove them in the snow and all. They are fine so long as you are careful. OR should I say; no less grippy than any other tyre in the snow (excluding winter specific tyres of course).

Fitting Michelin Pilot Super Sport's within next week will provide some feedback on them, meant to be very good.

That would be excellent if you could please mate, as well as some decent photo's of them mounted etc, cheers :smile:

I had PSS on a previous car and they were really good. Only issue was the outside shoulder worn quite quick on them but I think that was partially down to the setup of the suspension.

Yes a lot of people rave about them so should be decent. What was your suspension set up like?

Last edited:
Yes a lot of people rave about them so should be decent. What was your suspension set up like?
It was just the standard setup on an M135, the outer shoulder on all 4 wheels worn quite quickly but the fronts were by far the worst. But from memory I think the PSS do have a different softer compound rubber on the shoulders, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm probably going to set a set of these next time I need some tyres.

Last edited:
It was just the standard setup on an M135, the outer shoulder on all 4 wheels worn quite quickly but the fronts were by far the worst. But from memory I think the PSS do have a different softer compound rubber on the shoulders, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Ok I see, thanks. What profile were they on the Beemer - 45 or 50?

I am tempted by those cup 2 tyres they are supposed to be ok in the wet despite what some say, and they are £10 more per corner so not hideously more expensive.....

I'll be going for the Cup 2 when my fronts are done. I reckon around Christmas time or just after and they should be ready for them. I'll give you guys some feedback when I can.

my aunt has the same car with the same weird wear on the tyres. Def a factory setup issue.