Yoko AD08 v Pilot Sports 4 which one?

i read that the above two tires are the main ones people here go for, but which one is better for the road for all year use?

sorry for the question just dont know which is best to go for and what size?

main use is country lane driving.

Reactions: Beany
For me, for all year use it's the PS4. I have been so impressed with them. Grip well in all conditions. Superior to the Yokos in the wet. Yokos will grip better in the dry, but if you are getting any benefit from this you're going too fast on the road! I've used PS4 for a few track days too & had no problems in the wet wheras the AD08r users were sliding off. In the dry they were a tad faster, but not night & day faster. I use 215 45 17.

Reactions: Dmonk197
Pilot sport 4’s for year round use, yokos are immensely grippy in the dry... or slightly damp weather, but when you get standing water they fall over massively, and snow I’d just forget using a car with them on

And as for size, 215/45r17

Last edited:
Have heard many people raving about the PS4, so would say them. I've run previous versions of the PS range and they have been good all round tyres.

I’ve got PS4s on which are my all year rounders with a separate set of ad08 for when the weathers dry

Reactions: Dumdum
I also have PS4 all round. Incredible tyre for general use. Don't think i'd ever buy another tyre for solely road use, they're great in the dry and great in the wet.

For me, for all year use it's the PS4. I have been so impressed with them. Grip well in all conditions. Superior to the Yokos in the wet. Yokos will grip better in the dry, but if you are getting any benefit from this you're going too fast on the road! I've used PS4 for a few track days too & had no problems in the wet wheras the AD08r users were sliding off. In the dry they were a tad faster, but not night & day faster. I use 215 45 17.

I wish I took you up on your offer for the Speedlines plus the PS4s to try them. I had PS3s on mine when I bought the 200 rims and they were awful, left me with a bad taste in the mouth for Michelin’s. Very tempted for daily/wet track use for the Megane though, the Yokos on now haven’t got much life left in them.

Reactions: Johnny 99
I must try the PS4 having read various reviews. I was going to go for Uniroyal Rainsport 3 as a road tyre this winter but after reading this thread I may pay the extra for the PS4.

I have ran AD08r on my Clio from last August and they are grand in dry, not too bad in wet but as mentioned above they are dangerous in any standing water. I did also try them out in the snow as my Clio is my daily and they are useless - no real surprise to anyone lol.

Have only heard good things about PS4's. I'll probably stick to the Super Sport when mine are due for changing, but certainly wouldn't stray from Michelin for an all year round tyre. AD08's are obviously super on track!

I had PS2's on my megane 275 then they got replaced with PS4's both awesome tyres. If the road is wet, but without standing water I can put my foot down at the lights with no wheel spin and no traction control light flashing!

I'd also say PS4 and that's while I'm on AD08R currently. I'll switch to my Pirelli Sottozeros next month.

I've used both extensively, if its just for the road then the PS4's hands down.

AD08R are a great tyre no doubt but the PS4 has the edge in the wet but much better dry performance when really pushing on.

Reactions: av4625