Yeah you guessed it, another megane convesion thread!

Evening all, I've had the itch lately for something new. Ive trawled the internet looking at different motors but it would seem im well and truely a Renault convert having never owned one until my current 197. So ive narrowed it down to either going for a 250 megane (funds permitting) or going down the 225 engine swap route, which leads to my question.... Does anybody know of anywhere in the midlands that would undertake the job? I'm not a big ebayer or anything so id quite like somewhere that would take care of the parts side of things too if thats not too much to ask. Im actually from Burton on Trent so as close as poss would be ideal. Thanks for any replies in advance

I mentioned it briefly to Mick @ Diamond Motors in Long Eaton, and he didnt rule it out, infact made it sound fairly straight forwards given the propper budget.......

Thats as good as a yes to me :smile:

He mentioned arount the 4/5k mark, but it was all light hearted conversation so definately subject to change. Best bet is to drop him an email

Speak to SteC on here, SC Auto Electrics.

He can do those 225 conversions in his sleep. He's also the only person in the UK to get a 250 engine running in a 197 as well. He's based in Bolton so not a million miles away, I suppose it depends how far you're willing to travel and if you want it doing by somebody with a track record of doing it rather than somebody who hasn't done it before (no offence intended to anybody). Probably be cheaper than you've been quoted elsewhere as well...

Nothing is easy the first time. But yes the 250/265 is a lot more work than the 225. Partly due to the VVT, but that's just one small factor. I don't fully know the ins and outs and I doubt Ste will want to give his secrets away in public but I'll point him in this direction. Everything is possible given time, patience and knowledge. :smile:

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M General Chat 9
Rogue Site Announcements 65
Williamspaul New Members 23
Mike Detailing 7
iAndy General Chat 12