wrong springs

I suppose they must have taken all of the springs off before going to fit them? You'd have thought they'd have done them one at a time...

hang on a min, the springs are the same regardless wheather its for the 197/200 its the top mounts that are different.

I suppose they must have taken all of the springs off before going to fit them? You'd have thought they'd have done them one at a time...

Yep ... I saw a picture they took of it on the ramps and all wheels were off and the bonnet was up :worried:

wait to fixy replies, but i am sure the springs are exactly the same (made wise) from 197/200, but its the top mount that is different?

I'm sure melvin had the same problem with his so think the springs may be slightly dfferent mate

hang on a min, the springs are the same regardless wheather its for the 197/200 its the top mounts that are different.

They rang me and said they wont fit on my car :worried: I dont understand why they wouldnt fit a 2008 Clio I apparently need the 2006 springs not the 2010 ones?

I'm sure melvin had the same problem with his so think the springs may be slightly dfferent mate

Yep I saw a thread recently about someone who had bought springs and they wouldn't fit. So I'm guesing its more than just the top mount that changed, people are just more aware of the top mount change because of the amount of people who have bought KWs.

I know on the H&Rs on the 197 they lowered 30mm/40mm rear/front where as the ones for the 200 are 30mm all around so I assumed they changed a few things if H&R had to change their springs.

How do people keep making these same mistakes

Serial #29103-1 30/40mm 197/200<2010 Larger top mount
Serial #29103-2 30mm all round 200 >2010

£150 labour!!! someones having your eyes out there claire,a good mechanic can change all 4 springs in less than 3 hours

so £50 an hour to find out something doesn't fit,hmmmm!....very dodgey

How do people keep making these same mistakes

Serial #29103-1 30/40mm 197/200<2010 Larger top mount
Serial #29103-2 30mm all round 200 >2010

No, those are the H&R part numbers and the H&R's are 30/40 drop on the later springs as well. I emailed H&R Germany and they confirmed it (regardless of what Demon Tweeks say)

The Eibach are:
E10-75-008-07-22 RS 197/200 until APPROX Aug 2010
E10-75-008-14-22 RS 200 after Aug 2010

If your car was built anywhere around Aug 2010 you should check if you have new or old top mount. Do a search on here to know what you're looking for

£150 labour!!! someones having your eyes out there claire,a good mechanic can change all 4 springs in less than 3 hours

so £50 an hour to find out something doesn't fit,hmmmm!....very dodgey

Maybe they fitted the rears, then started on the fronts. In which case they would have replaced the rears twice and I'm sure it took some time to figure out the fronts didn't fit.
You can't really blame the garage... I wouldn't do it for less than £150!