Wrapping of badges

Hi,

I was thinking of getting a black gloss cover for my Renault badge. I have a Clio Mk4. However, because the badges are the new ones so they're bigger than the old ones, nowhere are doing covers for them yet.

So, maybe i could wrap it in a gloss black vinyl. However, i have never done this before so can anyone give me any tips on how to do this?

Thanks,
Leigh

badge.jpg

You need a hair dryer (or a heat gun) and a debit/credit/points card in a sock (or a felt edged squeegee).

Heat the wrap before applying it. Without heat the wrap just isn't pliable enough. Lay it on a bit at a time and keep pushing all the air bubbles out to the side. It will take you a few (many, many) goes before you get it right. You can keep peeling it off if you're not happy with it and start again.

Plastidip spay them. Most are Matt sprays but you can get a glossifier. You don't have to remove the badges, just mask up and spray. It can be peeled off if you don't like the results and if you overspray anywhere just rub it off. YouTube it if you want to see how it's done.

You need a hair dryer (or a heat gun) and a debit/credit/points card in a sock (or a felt edged squeegee).

Heat the wrap before applying it. Without heat the wrap just isn't pliable enough. Lay it on a bit at a time and keep pushing all the air bubbles out to the side. It will take you a few (many, many) goes before you get it right. You can keep peeling it off if you're not happy with it and start again.

Thank u :smile: ill look into it!

Plastidip spay them. Most are Matt sprays but you can get a glossifier. You don't have to remove the badges, just mask up and spray. It can be peeled off if you don't like the results and if you overspray anywhere just rub it off. YouTube it if you want to see how it's done.

Is it a lot of fuss though? Also, how much is it usually do u know?

Is it a lot of fuss though? Also, how much is it usually do u know?

you would need one can of colour and one can of glossifier around £17.00 per can for the proper Plasti dip its fairly easy if your patient im not so I got someone to spay my parts for me lol:smile:

you would need one can of colour and one can of glossifier around £17.00 per can for the proper Plasti dip its fairly easy if your patient im not so I got someone to spay my parts for me lol:smile:

Oooo ok, might be wise for me to get someone else to do it. I could ask the guy who wrapped my roof :smile: thanks though!

Plastdip is the easiest thing I've ever used in my life. I'll show you my dipped renault badge and renault sport logo at the Bluey meet so you can see what it looks like :thumbsup:

Plastdip is the easiest thing I've ever used in my life. I'll show you my dipped renault badge and renault sport logo at the Bluey meet so you can see what it looks like :thumbsup:

Okies. I think im meeting u lot at lakeside as im coming from Basildon so ill be this side of the river!

You could also remove the badge and then paint or plastidip it. no big trouble.

all you need is to remove the 2 screws on the inside. I needed 4 hands to get there though.

You could also remove the badge and then paint or plastidip it. no big trouble.

all you need is to remove the 2 screws on the inside. I needed 4 hands to get there though.

Haha ive got the guy who done my roof to look at it this saturday to see what he can do as im busy all this week :/ was hoping to have it done for the Bluewater meet!