Would You ?

MarcB

Paid Member
So im in the process of giving the Clio a full suspension refresh and im in two minds and looking for some input and advice.

The car is not an every day car (We have 4 plus a works van) but im wondering if its possible to change some parts to power flex polybush's while the subframe is off.

So far I have the following parts -

Two front Hubs & Hub Carriers fully vapour blasted and refurbished x 2
New Front Wheel Bearing x 2 (Genuine SNR Bearings)
New Lower Ball Joint x 2 (OCAP Made For Renault)
New Upper Ball Joint x 2 (OCAP Made For Renault)
New bottom Arms x 2 (Genuine Renault)
New Anti Rotation Links x 2 (Firstline)
New Anti Roll Bar Links x 2 (Firstline HD)
New Cup Shocks x 2 (Genuine Renault)
New Cup Springs x 4 (Genuine Renault)
New Top Mounts x 2 (Genuine Renault)
New To Mount Bearings x 2 (Genuine Renault)

Now do I put the following powerflex poly buses on it as the gearbox is also getting dropped for a clutch replacement

20mm ARB Poly Bushes - PFF60-5-3-20
Lower Engine Mount Insert - PFF60-820
Gearbox Mounting Bush Insert - PFF60-525

I have no experience with the ARB bushes, but i've got all 3 powerflex inserts and would highly recommend them.

I have no experience with the ARB bushes, but i've got all 3 powerflex inserts and would highly recommend them.

I have done the upper torque mount just above the cam cover and I felt the vibration and the last thing I want is more vibration but im guessing that the inserts are maybe a better option that just a solid bush.

I have done the upper torque mount just above the cam cover and I felt the vibration and the last thing I want is more vibration but im guessing that the inserts are maybe a better option that just a solid bush.
I had the gearbox and lower engine insert done, then the upper torque arm and definitely felt like the latter introduced more of the vibrations at idle. One alternative would be to purchase brand new OEM mounts instead.

So im in the process of giving the Clio a full suspension refresh and im in two minds and looking for some input and advice.

The car is not an every day car (We have 4 plus a works van) but im wondering if its possible to change some parts to power flex polybush's while the subframe is off.

So far I have the following parts -

Two front Hubs & Hub Carriers fully vapour blasted and refurbished x 2
New Front Wheel Bearing x 2 (Genuine SNR Bearings)
New Lower Ball Joint x 2 (OCAP Made For Renault)
New Upper Ball Joint x 2 (OCAP Made For Renault)
New bottom Arms x 2 (Genuine Renault)
New Anti Rotation Links x 2 (Firstline)
New Anti Roll Bar Links x 2 (Firstline HD)
New Cup Shocks x 2 (Genuine Renault)
New Cup Springs x 4 (Genuine Renault)
New Top Mounts x 2 (Genuine Renault)
New To Mount Bearings x 2 (Genuine Renault)

Now do I put the following powerflex poly buses on it as the gearbox is also getting dropped for a clutch replacement

20mm ARB Poly Bushes - PFF60-5-3-20
Lower Engine Mount Insert - PFF60-820
Gearbox Mounting Bush Insert - PFF60-525
I did every bush on the Trophy mark, black series and car was perfect, even on road use.

I did every bush on the Trophy mark, black series and car was perfect, even on road use.

My Trophy has purple powerflex poly bushes and its a good ride and handles amazingly with the Sachs dampers but the roads round Edinburgh are not the best for it.

The LY is still an everyday car but not used as an everyday car as the Mrs likes to take the Audi but onto other hand if she wanted to use the 197 she would.

I just done want to mess things up so im thinking maybe new OE bushes from renault.

I just done want to mess things up so im thinking maybe new OE bushes from renault.

+1
can't see the point of doing the bushes, if you're not tracking the car. and certainly not when the roads are rubbish.

I'm going to go against most people on this forum, my Clio came with upper torque arm and dogbone both with powerflex bushes in, I hated the vibrations, so much so I now have standard items in, the car drives sooooo much better (it is my daily, I do ~75miles a day).

Especially as you won't be tracking the car, standard items are best (I also refreshed engine and gearbox mounts with standard items).