Wirral 197

Picked myself up a nice little silver 197 (well it's starting to look better after I removed the stickers and the chrome grills, each to their own) NG56 PKY with 50k on the clock Miltek exhaust and K&N filter fitted. Bought it in Bury but the bloke had taken it in part ex for an M3. I think it's from the Leeds area previously. Anyway had it about 3 weeks and the weld around the exhaust manifold cracked!! Easy enough job i thought, how wrong pretty much a full day to remove it as the suspension subframe had to come off to get it out. So while I had it in bits i started to have a good poke around and noticed a weeping front drivers side shock and the last 40mm of the passenger side rear spring, where it sits in the bottom cup broken off. Well nothing else for it got a full set of Eibach springs and some front Renault Cup dampers on the way.
My friends warned me that owning a french hot hatch would keep me busy at weekends, but puts a very large grin on my face when it's running right.
By the way seems a little flat below 4000rpm then goes like a rocket so I'm thinking of getting it remapped, anyone got any recommendations?

Yeah Mr Burleys mate indeed. Infact it's all his fault haha. He got me a nice price on the Cup dampers and welded up my manifold for me. Top fella!

Oh god dont praise him!!! I dont think his ego can take it anymore, or i cant at least

he did say he hasnt managed to convince you to run it on track...... yet!

Yeah he's working hard at that. Has he shown you (and the rest of the world) his two minute Oulton lap yet by any chance???:001_rolleyes:

Yes, and hes had me pass it on to practically everyone i know.....

Funny thing is we dont actually see if its him or martin driving!

Ah yes have been victim to Martins track prowess before, even his wife and son beat me around the Three Sisters haha.

Similar Thread Suggestions