Wipers not parking properly when turned off

Had all the wiper assembly out over the weekend greasing up the mechanism after it seized up. I had put marks on the spindles, so I know where to align the wiper linkage to the motor. I put the wipers back on in position, but now when I use them they work fine until I turn them off and they go back down to the bottom of the windscreen, but then come back up several inches before stopping on the windscreen

Could there be something up with the motor itself now not stopping the wipers properly?

Thanks. Is it just a trial and error or do you get the wipers in the right position with the motor nut disconnected and figure out where the motor should stop?

Thanks. Is it just a trial and error or do you get the wipers in the right position with the motor nut disconnected and figure out where the motor should stop?

sort of...where you have it now its just in the wrong position so you need to look at the linkage once parked and from that figure out the parked position for the motor crank

I ended up replacing the whole motor as couldn't get it sorted with the one I had. One I had must have been misaligned when the arms seized up and with me forcing them back down when they got stuck half way up the windscreen at work one evening, lol.