wipers again!!!!

hi all hope you qre having better luck than me!
just before christmas my wioers packed up, investigated it and i had snapped the mechanism. i bought a genuine renault one, fitted that, a week later they stopped working again! i ordered a genuine motor amd fitted that.
Tonight ive nipped out and had the nerve to ask my wipers to sweep the screen a few times and theyve stopped again! parked across the glass 90s touring car style!!! and now wont work. Im thinking the bolt to the motor may have worked loose but i havent got any tools on me at the moment..
not sure what else other than a fuse maybe?
cheers stew

Was the replacement wiper mechanism a new or used one. What condition is the scuttle bay drains were they cleaned out?

hi yes brand new mech and brand new motor both from rpd and i did clean the scuttle out too whilst i was there. ive just tried them now and i can hear the mech turning but they arent moving. How tight do you do the bolt to the motor up?

Maybe the wiper arms are not on tight enough or one of the arms has popped the ball joint which is more likely as both arms have stopped.

hi thanks for the replies and help. It turned out that the nut which bolts to the motor had worked loose and the actual wiper motor had slightly too where it attaches to the mechanism by the 2 star bolts. Fingers crossed its ok now but ive put all the tools i need to access the mechanism in the car now just incase!
cheers
stew