window wiper advice

Hi guys need your opinions...

Window wipers were sticky and crap.
Done the how to on re lubing the shafts. .to no avail
Fuse is fine.
Still only work on fast mode.

Its having a mot now and the garage reckons it more than just the motor that is gone. An underlying electrical problem. ....

They want to send it to Renault who will charge £75 to investigate it.

So do I risk 180 for a new motor to find out there really is an underlying problem
Or investigate it..to find it is the motor ans pay for a new motor and imvestigation.......

I have till 5.30pm

If Renault investigate it and you pay £75, if they fit the new motor and it cures the problem, do they not take the £75 off the bill and just charge the 180?

I know a lot of places do that for diagnostics.

If Renault investigate it and you pay £75, if they fit the new motor and it cures the problem, do they not take the £75 off the bill and just charge the 180?

I know a lot of places do that for diagnostics.

No they said i would get charged for both

is the garage incapable of not checking for what voltage is getting to the motor in the first place????

been someone on here with similar fault....it was the motor!

Last edited:
is the garage incapable of not checking for what voltage is getting to the motor in the first place????

been someone on here with similar fault....it was the motor!

It wound me up too because their electric man is on hols. so thats why they want to send it to reno. They said they would charge for their diagnosis anyway. Apparently they had been looking at the wipers for 4hours...made sure I wasnt being charged for that!

I don't mean to be funny surly you knew it wasn't working and you had your mot booked.

Anyway if its working on fast surly it will still pass as you have working wipers and sort it when their man gets back?