Will these fit

Evening all I recently bought an R27 can anyone advise if these wheels will fit?

Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2 Alloys in gloss black with 235/40/18 Nankang NS2R Tyres.

Wheels are 18x8j with ET45 offset and bolt spacing of 5x108.

Thanks in advance Paul

Without very much experience on how close it's going to be the ET std is 68 your wheels 45 that's like 23mm spacers on std. rims and they do sell 25mm spacers so 3mm inside but your rims are 12.7mm wider that's 6.35mm extra on the outside and that's more than where 25mm spacers would take you by 3.35mm. That's what I don't know if there is that 3.35mm of margin before the rim touches the arches and I could almost be sure that that tyre size will not work then ride height will be 10mm higher and tyre distortion under cornering may push the rubber against the arches even if they don't touch when sitting in the garage. Hope someone can give you a decisive answer but that will kick it off.

https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.p...ct2=40&wheel_size=18&wheel_width=8&offset2=45

Without very much experience on how close it's going to be the ET std is 68 your wheels 45 that's like 23mm spacers on std. rims and they do sell 25mm spacers so 3mm inside but your rims are 12.7mm wider that's 6.35mm extra on the outside and that's more than where 25mm spacers would take you by 3.35mm. That's what I don't know if there is that 3.35mm of margin before the rim touches the arches and I could almost be sure that that tyre size will not work then ride height will be 10mm higher and tyre distortion under cornering may push the rubber against the arches even if they don't touch when sitting in the garage. Hope someone can give you a decisive answer but that will kick it off.

https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.p...ct2=40&wheel_size=18&wheel_width=8&offset2=45
Much more than I know, thanks Turkie, I’d like the wheels to be more outboard and fill the arches and have co considered spacers but would also like to go a tad bigger, think the 17’s look a tiny bit too small. But don’t want to compromise the handling too much!

I understand what your saying I bought R26 alloys 2 years ago they had 235/35 18 tyres 68ET put them on and drove them for about 100 miles no problems but they have been sitting at the alloy rework place for about a year now as I wanted the exact Anthracite colour because I have a 5th brand new wheel unused in the box and brand new wheel centres so I want them to match. It just seems like an impossible task to do I'm not a painter but I would be prepared to buy the genuine IXELL Clio Renaultsport 197 with Cup chassis (anthracite) 205-272 and what ever Ixell undercoat and topcoat that is needed but I'm unsure if he is setup to wet paint.

Anyway back to the issue it's hard to get a straight answer on spacers as one person has lowered suspension and another has non standard wheels and another has knackered suspension to begin with. The second issue would be how big and how that effects the car I personally like the 10mm packer behind the rear stub axel but then new bolts and spacer on the front to match and what that looks like on a standard ride height car.

upload_2018-11-11_18-43-0.png

Reactions: Dumdum
225/40r18 would be a better match, but you will possibly need the arches rolling which may be impossible on the front being plastic arches...

I’d go for 7.5 with a higher offset to be safe and the slightly narrower tyre...

They'll fit fine with 225/40 tyres. Quite a few have run 8x18 speedline turinis which are et60, and one I remember in particular ran 15mm spacers, giving an offset of et45, with no problems even on track.

Reactions: PaulDud
I'm running 8 x 17's with a 35 offset and they fill the arches nicely in my opinion. Only a 215 tyre but I can't any issue's with a 225 on a 45 offset.

20180919_130631.jpg 20181024_181805.jpg

Reactions: PaulDud and Big Ben