Will these fit 200?

Doing a track day and want the brakes to last

Planning on sticking standards back on after the day so what are people’s rexommendations for the day?

Well going off of what I've heard, with PBS technically being a race pad. They'll do you perfectly fine. Loads and loads of people are using them and love them

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Yellowstuff are decent imo. They don’t have the initial bite of a ferodo, but they are consistent, work well from cold and stand up to fade pretty well. Redstuff are good too.

The greenstuff used to be full of horror stories but I think those are days long gone now, it’s just that they are pointless as pagids are cheaper and better.

You asked for cheaper ones, so here’s a link. You can bung your registration in to make sure they fit, but they’re £100 so a bit cheaper.

Last edited:
Reactions: MattP
Doing a track day and want the brakes to last

Planning on sticking standards back on after the day so what are people’s rexommendations for the day?
PBS get good reviews as a track pad.
@R27WTF might be able to hook you up

They will. Though for the same money you could get yourself some far better pads!

PBS are supposedly great -
https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tun...race-brake-pads-renaultsport-rs197-rs200.html

Z rated are also meant to be really good. Although slightly more -

https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tun...friction-brake-pads-197-200-renaultsport.html

I've heard bad things about the ebc range..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Lol people still kicking off about EBC but that’s like 10yrs ago! I had yellow stuff pads and they were fine and had no issues even did some track days on them!

Ultimax is your generic reacement pad.
Green Stuff is a supposed up grade giving better bite and working at higher temp. They just tend to make a lot more dust.
Red Stuff was a hard pad for heavy SUV type stuff. It had a high friction coefficient but was not recommended for track at all because it overheated stuff.
Yellow was the track pad years ago. As the Internet will tell you quality and performance seemed to vary a lot. My personal opinion was that it was generally the first brake upgrade most people did after sticking double the horse power in their car and then blamed the pad for basically having an overworked system. They tended to lack feel after a couple of heavy stops and give a long brake pedal. They are now just a "fast road pad" whatever that is.
Blue used to be described as their endurance race pad and Orange as the full race pad.
I have Blue in mine and I can't fault them. They work on the road and they work on the track. I have not tested ultimate performance but I am relatively light on brakes compared to some and I did about three or four 8 lap stints at Blyton last weekend and they were absolutely fine given how Blyton uses brakes. The two videos on here from my car are both with blue and the same pads have been in a year.

Reactions: MattP
I think a lot of pads get a hard time because of old brake fluid or not properly bled lines too. Never tried Blue Stuff, but that's a decent appraisal above so once my DS2500's have finally gone (might be a while) maybe they're next for me. £115 on carparts4less btw.

I've set fire to green stuff before, but apart from loads of fade they kept working after they cooled down and held together fine. Very long time ago mind you, over 10 years easily.