Who was it that came up with a good route for a 3 day Scotland tour

ashtons99

Gold Member
I've tried searching but I recall probably last year or 2013 someone posting a 3 night trip exploring Scotland and some of the best bits.

Does les anyone remember who it was

Ive got a good two day one well 2.5 doing it again in August best I can do is a screenshot of a map will have a look and post her up for you :smile: wouldn't be too hard to map the point on google maps I'm sure, also it starts in my area so you may want to miss that out and head straight for the highlands haha

What car was it in?

I have [MENTION=393]N0ddie[/MENTION] in mind for that trip?

I've done 3. 2 in the old 200 and once in the Fiesta. Doing another one in June.

Day 1: Cumbernauld to Invergarry via Lochearnhead, Crainlarich, Clifton, Connel, Lettermore, Fort William & Spean Bridge

12155149815_6cc5630a0f_b.jpg

Day 2: Invergarry to Thurso via Nostie, Strathcarron, Tornapress, Applecross, Gairloch, Ullapool, Durness & Tongue

12155586434_780c7284bb_b.jpg

Day 3: Thurso to Cumbernauld via Inverness

12155572894_8251072e3b_b.jpg

That looks like a blast! I was really wanting to do Europe again this year but unfortunately dont think I'll be able too :worried:. A few days over to Scotland would be great though!

c18eb26d83f45250732d745545928627.jpg

For you guys miss out the Mintlaw/Aberdeen section that's just where most of our group are from possibly extend further north nearer Inverness/Nairn possibly use the coast road to Cullen etc lovely scenery and cracking roads, Id budget 6hr days as you will undoubtably get stuck behind tourist coaches

@noddie what was your opinion on the day 2 leg, Ullapool up and across to Thurso. Is is worth doing. I'm just deciding whether to do that or spend a bit more time on the west side, a couple of Islands etc then across to Cairngorms area.

@noddie what was your opinion on the day 2 leg, Ullapool up and across to Thurso. Is is worth doing. I'm just deciding whether to do that or spend a bit more time on the west side, a couple of Islands etc then across to Cairngorms area.

I live in Inverness & Gairloch, Ullapool, Durness, Tongue then home via Lairg is my favourite day out. Beautiful scenery & great lightly trafficked roads with plenty of chances to get the pedal to the metal. Awesome drive & thoroughly recommend this part of Noddie's route.The Strathcarron, Applecross, Ullapool section is also amazing. You would be missing out if you ignored either of these routes of Noddie's in my opinion.

Similar Thread Suggestions