Which Lowering Springs?

I've got a FF so wanting to lower it and get some spacers after. Looking for something Firm but not changing the current ride too much, but still lowering it enough.

And before you say coilovers, there's no chance i'm spending that much money :wink: haha

Are Eibach's the softest...but shortest lowering? & I know a few people have H&R how Firm are they?

Anyone have any experience with Apex/Madeno?

Thanks, Troopy

Eibach
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2138&appid=3

H&R
http://www.yozzasport.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=renaultsport_clio_197_h_r_lowering_springs

Apex
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2936&appid=3

Madeno
http://www.madenoracing.com/performance/

I would go for H&R.
Had them before the kw's and would still have them now had the coilovers not come up at the right price.
Eibach just don't lower enough for me.

H&Rs are firm on cup suspension, on the normal suspension it feels no different from when it standard just alil lower, still abit of bounce.

eibach are excellet springs,the progressive rate gives nice ride and good handling however the transition can introduce some initial roll and obviously ride height drop isnt the biggest.i'm leaning towards h&r springs with spacers would be nice if people could post pics of their setup with wheel tyre combo details.

i running H&R springs with 45et wheels, look at my previous pic threads.

Cool, thank for the write up's guys, looks like i'm leaning towards H&R's then, and they're mid price :wink:

Still sort of tempted to go for Madeno's to be different haha!

From what I can gather from their website and products I'm sure the madeno springs would be very good.would be intrested to know the spring rates

Update from Madeno: SPRING RATES (Interesting Read)

The OEM factory front springs of the Clio RS are progressive, the rear springs are linear!
our front and rear springs are both progressive and will give the car a better balance,
handling, more comfort at lower shock speeds and reduces the body roll !

Spring rate OEM Clio RS factory front springs: progressive 28 N/mm up to 40 N/mm
Spring rate OEM Clio RS F1-R27-Cup front springs : progressive 40 N/mm up to 60 N/mm
Spring rate Madeno Racing springs Clio RS : progressive 32 N/mm up to 50 N/mm

Spring rate OEM Clio RS factory rear springs : linear 48 N/mm
Spring rate OEM Clio RS F1-R27-Cup rear springs : linear 67 N/mm
Spring rate Madeno Racing rear springs : progressive 45 N/mm up to 62 N/mm

Together with our springs we also want to recommand another kind of bump stops
for the front axle, the original bump stops are too stiff, the car will hit the original front
bumps under (hard) braking.

The front suspension block too easy at the stiff OEM front bump stops and the rear of
the car becomes very twisty in the mean time.

very intresting,thanks for posting!seems like they come inbetween stock RS and Cup suspension,using shortened bumpstops is standard practice for me when fitting lowering springs to allow full damper travel. curious why the factory uses a combination of linear and progressive springs.wonder if they recomend these as an upgrade for cup suspension or wether its aimed at non cup

Great post there Troopy, very interesting. The cup seems a lot lot stiffer than standard then going by those figures, I didn't think there was such a large difference!

My STD cup suspension was slightly firmer than my coilovers I found ( when adjusted to road damping ).

Can't go far wrong with eibach springs, always used them in previous cars. However I do hear H&Rs are very good for the 197.

Great post there Troopy, very interesting. The cup seems a lot lot stiffer than standard then going by those figures, I didn't think there was such a large difference!

Nor did I, surprised at the difference, shame the R27's dont lower the car by much otherwise i'd just have them!

My STD cup suspension was slightly firmer than my coilovers I found ( when adjusted to road damping ).

Can't go far wrong with eibach springs, always used them in previous cars. However I do hear H&Rs are very good for the 197.

Eibach is a well renowned company, it's just the amount of lowering I worry about, that 5mm seems like such a small amount but it's noticeable in pics i've seen.

Still torn between H&R and Madeno's....Need to get paid first :smiley:

save the spring money and wait till u can afford the coilis. springs arnt worth it.