Which joint?

Hi everyone,

I'm having really bad trouble to find the part i need.

My car has failed its mot on what the mot man called the wishbone joint,

I have spoke to rsport in Wimbledon and i'm even more confused, they state the part i need is the lower ball joint on the bearing carrier (i sent them a picture of my car) so i ring to order one and the man on the phone says its not that as the joints aren't threaded which mine is, and that i need the complete arm from Renault which is £200 so Ive been going forward and back with them and it's doing my head in now.

I really don't want to have to fork out that much plus my dad can fit the part that's no problem.

my joint is threaded with a nut, and faces towards the front of the car, see pic its marked with yellow chalk.

Please help i need one ASAP so i can use my car, thanks.

11193351_10152779559047256_5485845744456999154_n.jpg

Hi, the ball joint you need id on the wishbone arm, not sure if you can get it seperate from the arm! I know there is usually wishbone arms on ebay.

I had this problem the beginning of March. Unfortunately it is the whole are you cannot buy just the joint. I searched high and low and everywhere I rang it was the whole arm.

Ouch sorry to hear that. I am lucky I guess as my car was still under warranty even though the garage did not want to pay at all but there were other problems they sorted to.

Yeh looks that way. It’s ridiculous how they do not sell them as separate parts.

I have an old wishbone can try to separate the joint if you'd like, I replaced mine as I got polybushes put into another set

Was fine when I removed them from the car but I can't get the joint out :worried: I'll try again tomoro evening let the wd40 soak in a bit would offer to post but there quite large and heavy so would cost a fair bit :/