Which dampers match the Eiback 20/25mm springs best?

Which shocks would be the best match to the Eibach springs? I currently have 5 year old 197 FF shocks which are probably due to be changed. Should I go for the 197 cup or 200 cup shocks with these springs?

To me the most important factor is that the dampers are well matched to the springs. I don't want the car to skip, and the rear must not launch when hitting large bumps as the roads I'm driving are very bumpy. If the bumps launch the rear it can be extremely dangerous.

I had mine on fairly young full fat dampers and was happy with them. Heard they were a bit harsh on cup dampers

Going to order Eibachs this week. Have ff suspension so hoping it's as good as people are commenting on!

I bought mine from Germany for €120 ex vat.

When I spoke to K-tech they made a package with these springs and the 200 cup dampers. I have not asked them why, or if they have arrived at that combo through experience. If I were you I would hold back on ordering a little while, until a few more people have chimed int on which dampers to use with these springs.

So where is the best place to buy the eibach pro's?

Theres a fair few ppl that are running with ff suspension and eibachs without a problem.

I did read somewhere on here that someone had been in a car with eibachs on FF dampers and another car with eibachs and cup suspension (both 197s) and thought the FF dampers matched better.

I did read somewhere on here that someone had been in a car with eibachs on FF dampers and another car with eibachs and cup suspension (both 197s) and thought the FF dampers matched better.

Thanks.
I have tried searching, but the search function seems to be dodgy on this board. It always throws up a bunch of unrelated hits. You couldn't mind pointing me in the right direction could you?

I would still like to hear from those who are, or have been running these springs.

Thanks.
I have tried searching, but the search function seems to be dodgy on this board. It always throws up a bunch of unrelated hits. You couldn't mind pointing me in the right direction could you?

I would still like to hear from those who are, or have been running these springs.

I have some 200ff dampers for sale if you want to try the Eibacks with them:wink:

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not really in the mood for experimenting more than I have to on this car. I have another one which is completely disassembled and needs all my attention if I'm going to finish it come spring. In fact I will not even fit the springs unless I'm fairly convinced I will be fitting them with the closest matching dampers...so I won't have to spend time taking them off again. I worry that although this setup may feel better and look better than the original it may actually be worse in terms of balance and grip at the limit. That's why I'm asking for feedback. If it weren't for the other car I would gladly spend more time experimenting with the 197.

Last edited: