Which coilovers?

Evening guys.

Looking at ordering some coilovers in the very near future and am really unsure which ones to get.

I see a few people have the KW Clubsports but these are very expensive and I'm not sure I'd get the best out of them.
KW V3 are a good option and one that a friend of mine is trying to push me towards so that he can then set the car up properly.
KW V1......a good price and a few have these BUT are they any good? Obviously I don't expect them to be of the quality of the V3 or Clubsport but are they a good compromise?

If anyone can help me make a decision is appreciate it.

Cheers in advance.

Ash

Depends what you want from them.

Don't be put off by the different versions of kw. They are all quality bits of kit and certainly aren't budget!

The club sports I'd never be able to justify due to the sheer price, they are for regular track goers that will be playing with the settings to find that extra tenth of a second.

The v3 are very adjustable too and are still for someone that will be playing with settings.

The v1 are just as good but not adjustable. Would you really be able to tell what that one click on the shock really does? I sure as hell wouldn't

The only reason I got the v3 is because they came up cheaper than the spax ones that also come highly rated!

Tbh that's what has got me looking at the cheaper options, I know I wouldn't be able to tell the difference with the slight adjustments the more expensive options give.
At the minute I am torn between the SPAX setup an the V1 unless of course a good set of v3 or similar come up cheap lol.

I'm going for Spax until Ohlins release their kit. As mentioned in another thread to get the same features and adjustability you'd have to go KW2 or 3. Personally I can't see how the KW's are £600 better than the Spax.

I had the same decision to make, I've gone for a set of KW V1s and a set of Simo adjustable top mounts. I haven't fitted them yet but will be in the next couple of weeks

No they're not. They told Demon Tweeks such a kit doesn't exist less than a month ago.

They make a kit for the Mk.3 but it isn't compatible with the 197/200.

They will be available eventually apparently.

I had the same decision to make, I've gone for a set of KW V1s and a set of Simo adjustable top mounts. I haven't fitted them yet but will be in the next couple of weeks

Sounds like a pretty good setup.
The top mounts from simo look pretty useful, may look at them myself if I go down the SPAX or V1 route.

Bilstein list a B14 kit part number 47-217706 to fit the Clio 3, 2.0 16v Sport, 197hp....

That is listed on their website now... avalible to order for £749

Eitherway, my mates a Bilstein supplier, so ill be getting on the phone in the morning to find out some more info

Last edited:
They could be the ones that were due to be made available then about a month ago...

Although I'm sure that's the same kit somebody asked DT about.

Last edited: