Which brakes?

Marcus Robertson

Paid Member
Hi guys

Recently just bought a clio 200 in LY!
Needs discs and pads in the near future. What are people running? Will be doing the odd track day in the future also. I have been looking at EBC yellow stuff pads with there vented discs? Anyone used these or could recommend anything else?

Thanks

You can't ho wrong with Brembo High Carbon discs up front, rears will be fine standard. I'm running Ferodo DS2500 pads up front & standard rears. Had no issues on plenty of track days & work well from cold on the road. Some people are preferring the Performance Friction Z rated pads now, or even a more aggressive Ferodo pad but I've not felt the need myself. Standard pads will be fine for the rear.

Hi guys

Recently just bought a clio 200 in LY!
Needs discs and pads in the near future. What are people running? Will be doing the odd track day in the future also. I have been looking at EBC yellow stuff pads with there vented discs? Anyone used these or could recommend anything else?

Thanks
Generally most people steer clear of yellow stuff pads. The pad material can separate from the backing plate under severe heat.

Brembo HC discs from Kamracing are very good for very little outlay.
Pfz pads or ds2500 are good. Next step up for track use would be a ds1.11

Reactions: Foxspeed
You could go OTT like I did

330mm AP racing discs

6f8fe9ba-9387-467a-80ed-ec718c990324-jpeg.127250

Reactions: Marcus Robertson
Just to throw it out there I had yellow stuff pads on mine and can’t fault them I never had any problems..

But this time around I’ve gone for the pfc z rated pads and DS2500 one the rears.

Reactions: Big Ben
I have very good experience with ATE discs and brembo original pads.
For example, BMW original disc manufacturer is ATE. (E46 )