Where to check fuel pressure

Usman

Paid Member
I know pressure is checked at the injectors but where on the rail exactly? Does the inlet manfold need to come off?

Unfortunately I'm going through the same thing at the moment. The fuel rail doesn't have the usual screw on valve for testing. You have to remove the fuel line running to rail using the quick disconnect and connect a special Renault guage directly to the line. Fuel pump is then activated in the fuse box/relay box.

Unfortunately I'm going through the same thing at the moment. The fuel rail doesn't have the usual screw on valve for testing. You have to remove the fuel line running to rail using the quick disconnect and connect a special Renault guage directly to the line. Fuel pump is then activated in the fuse box/relay box.
Thats a lot to do for fuel pressure :worried: Thank you

No problem. I'm trying to rig together a guage but it might involve getting access to the pump under the rear seat to connect up. If I get it sorted I'll let you know and can post it out to you.

No problem. I'm trying to rig together a guage but it might involve getting access to the pump under the rear seat to connect up. If I get it sorted I'll let you know and can post it out to you.
That would be most helpful thank you. My car isnt fun to drive anymore. It misfires like crazy and wont rev out all the way. Ive narrowed it down to fueling but wanted to check pressure to make sure it is the pump.

Check fuel flow as well not just the pressure how many litres per hour but getting the injectors tested and the flow rate of the fuel pump say give it 12volts for a certain time at the pump and check again at the injector rail should be the same. Battery voltage can also be a problem if the voltage drops to 10.5 volts the injectors can shut down like running out of fuel but can have the effect of leaning out the mixture and the problems that come with that.

I think i can see fuel flow rate in litres per hour on the obd torque app. The battery voltage is interesting. I will look into it. Thank you.