Where do I start?

Hello - I am going to purchase a dual action DAS-6 polisher and get to work on my Ultra red RS200 which has picked up a lot of fine swirls. I have found some great deals on ebay for the polisher and a choice of Meguiars, Poor Boys, Dodo Juice, Britemax or Sonus products... I have lots of experience of Meguiars polishes and waxes and I've used a few Dodo Juice products to great effect.

I'd really appreciate any advice or useful recommendations from the experts on here - I believe that the Ultra Red paint on these cars is relatively soft so I was planning on taking it easy with a light cut followed by a couple of coats of a finishing wax.

Thanks in anticipation! :thumbsup:

I have bitten the bullet & ordered a Dodo Juice Buff Daddy with a selection of Meguiar's foam pads, cutting & polishing pastes, microfibre towels & masking tape! I am looking forward to giving the machine polisher a try - I am tired of applying products by hand and getting a so-so finish! :smile:

I have bitten the bullet & ordered a Dodo Juice Buff Daddy with a selection of Meguiar's foam pads, cutting & polishing pastes, microfibre towels & masking tape! I am looking forward to giving the machine polisher a try - I am tired of applying products by hand and getting a so-so finish! :smile:

my word of advice, go carefully with the machine polisher. Ive seen people do more harm than good. However if you take your time it can look stunning. I wouldnt be using it everytime you polish unless you have a very softpad.
you probably already know this though :smile:

I'd have a look at detailing world, if I was using a DA, there's area's around the car that have weak paint, and probably areas you'd want to tape up.

Just knowing where to go with it.