Wheels hitting Arch Liners

Has anyone else had this?

After fitting my new suspension I had the car on track at Knockhill in November.

The wheels were making a noise especially through the chicane like the wheel was hitting on the arch.

Turns out both front wheels have been hitting the arch liner directly above the wheel.

I have asked the company who provided the suspension whether they suggest running without arch liners or if the front springs are maybe too soft?

What suspension is it?

If its adjustable then it could perhaps do with being raised a touch.

It's Bilstein B14 with Modeno racing bits and a small linear spring.

I've spoken to Modeno now and Leo is suggesting a few things.

I could raise a little but it's not that low, wheel to arch must have about 2-3cm.

I could remove the arch liners too. Although I would like to keep them.

If you have a look at photos of my Clio it's sat very low, I have mate the arch liners removable, it's awful without them on the road.

If you buy 10mm panel clips you can unclip them in a few seconds at the track.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@A1axx what did you notice mainly on the road? Road noise? Or the sound of general dirt and pick up from the tyres hitting the arches?

Yea the pick up mate, sounded like I was driving on gravel.

Also the dirt would be sprayed up the inside of the bumpers, up the sills and over chassis legs! Bit of a messy ordeal!

Yea the pick up mate, sounded like I was driving on gravel.

Also the dirt would be sprayed up the inside of the bumpers, up the sills and over chassis legs! Bit of a messy ordeal!

I'll be keeping mine on in the future then. I did wonder what they would be like without. Cheers.

Reactions: A1axx
I'll be keeping mine on in the future then. I did wonder what they would be like without. Cheers.

Did make them quickly removable as above, just means on a clean track I can remove the front ones and I know they won't be ripped to shreds!