Wheel pic request

harey

Winner - POTM November 2018
Thinking of getting some plastidip and doing the wheels Red. Does anyone have a white 200 with RED wheels or any other unusual colours?
Wouldn’t mind seeing what it might look like 1st

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks chaps, I'm going to do it.

If I use Plastidip and the glossifier (sp?) at least if it looks bad I can just peel it off.

Reactions: Mark_L
Well, this afternoon I started with the plastidip after countless videos and growing some balls to do it.
With other commitments they won’t be finished and on the car until Thursday night but here is the prep and 1st two coats

43546508262_6a3ec8cc1f_z.jpgIMG_20180723_160055 by Jon Hare, on Flickr
43546506472_48c20feb11_z.jpgIMG_20180723_162243 by Jon Hare, on Flickr

They look nice in grey! :tonguewink::tonguewink:

I like it! Think the diamonds in the middle of the centre cap need to be black, to break it up a bit? (And a cup spoiler!) :grimacing::wink:

Reactions: Sean197
Those look great. Now do the door bullets black with red writing, and the front bumper insert red to finish it off nicely.

I like it! Think the diamonds in the middle of the centre cap need to be black, to break it up a bit? (And a cup spoiler!) :grimacing::wink:

Yeah I thought that. I’ve ordered some new black nuts and I’ll sharpie the diamonds

the diamonds just pop out very easily, id have took them off before spraying personally (to remove the centre caps with wheels on the car, I found it easiest to whip a diamond off and then insert a middle sized screwdriver into a slot and just tease it off)

Reactions: Pav
I peeled off the Plastidip and went back to the standard colour in the end. I have since purchased some Laguna Silverstones and had them powdered white. Just looking for some track rubber now
43497079364_a98302a9e2_b.jpgWhite rims by Jon Hare, on Flickr