Wheel bearing prices?

Hi folks. I've been chasing a grinding/rubbing mouse for the last few days,had the brakes out cleaned etc but problem is still occurring. Only thing left I can think of is the front wheel bearings as I put new rear discs on 15000 miles ago with new bearings etc already in.

I jacked the car up and moved the wheel in and out and there was play in the hub with a knocking noise even though the wheel bolts were tight which makes me believe it's the bearings.

Has anyone ever replaced them and what was the average price you paid? Cheers

hmm dont know if i dare put this on a forum....

i had exactly the same, Renault charged me (gulp) £300.00 and changed the "shocker top bearing"....what ever that is....and the noise has since gone.

£300?!! That's ludicrous eh! They know how to charge. Least it's fixed tho mate.

Yeah foxspeed everything is as tight as it should be,checked absolutely everything,bit worrying. I phoned a local garage today and they quoted £84 for the two front bearings plus labour which wasn't too much of a shock.

not changed the 197 front bearings but from the pictures of the suspension etc they are in a seperate carrier bolted to the front upright.....so in "theory" should be easy to change...