Whats the best pads for standard disks?

The carbon lorraine pads are fantastic. Don't need any warming up and have immense power. Only problem is they squeal a bit

arnt they really hard on disk wear though?

Fairly hard but the pads last for such a long time. Discs and pads are about the same price so if you're replacing discs instead of pads I don't see it as a big deal.

By the way, i've had mine on for a few thousand miles and theres no noticeable disc wear. I'm just going on the reviews I read that say they're harsh on discs

where is the best place to get them from?

I bought mine from SteBurns on here, he never got round to fitting them before selling his 197. But, KTec are about the cheapest

red stuff pads are good for fast road and the occasional track day mate. and once they are warm . . . . . wow.

see for normal diving i wouldnt get them to temperature. Standard pads about £90? think i might get the ferredo, there about £105

Ferrodo DS2500 are meant to be about level with the carbon lorraines when warm, carbon lorraines are better when cold though. BUT, you won't get as much disk wear or squeal from the ferrodos

I'm getting on ok with ds2500's, only had them in for 700 miles or so yet and only fast road work but so far I am pleased. I'd say they are as good as std pads when cold (I can't notice any difference in stopping power) but with some heat in they come to life and do seem to give a bit extra over std. No squeal (touch wood) either, just used plenty of copper slip when reassembling.

does every1 change discs and pads on here at the same time?

im just gunna put pads on this time i think!?

so far its usually 2 sets of pads to a set of discs....

just need to check the wear ridge on the discs

do the ds2500s last long or wear out quick?

I had them on the fronts of my r27 along with braided lines and they were about ready to change when i traded the car in for the 200... About 2 years later almost. Mixed driving. Will be going for exactly the same set up on the 200, except this time i might go for them on the rears as well.