What would a full belts and fluids service cost?

Ed Hall

Paid Member
Hi,

I am looking at getting my 197 booked in for a service. Looking at the service history it could do with the belts being done and all the fluids.

Has anyone had theirs done recently, and how much should I approximately pay?

Ed

I got the parts fromRPD, cost for belts/water pump, and other bits, was around £300,( All came as a kit)but this was for the 250 engine. Total cost, was around £500

Reactions: Ed Hall
I am doing mine some time next month and I was quoted £410 for water pump, and both belts (OEM) parts - that’s parts and labour. That’s DDC in Doncaster (never tried them, but will next month).

Reactions: Beany and Ed Hall
I am doing mine some time next month and I was quoted £410 for water pump, and both belts (OEM) parts - that’s parts and labour. That’s DDC in Doncaster (never tried them, but will next month).

That's a decent price. I'm down here in Hertfordshire and pay Bentley/Rolls Royce labour rate. I might travel further afield and book a hotel if I can save a bit.

That's a decent price. I'm down here in Hertfordshire and pay Bentley/Rolls Royce labour rate. I might travel further afield and book a hotel if I can save a bit.
I’m in Herts too. I use a guy in Ashford Kent who does it weekends on his drive and is cheaper than anyone but at least as good a mechanic if not better. PM me if you want a contact number

Reactions: Ed Hall
Alex at AWMotorworks will sort you out, belts under £500 iirc.

Just contacted Alex today, and got it booked in. Going full works at £470 for belts, £150 for service, Gearbox oil £50, and brake fluid £50. Better than the other garage I called that wanted £850 for belts and £150 for service.

I had mine done there mate and good bunch of lads & They look after mine!

Just contacted Alex today, and got it booked in. Going full works at £470 for belts, £150 for service, Gearbox oil £50, and brake fluid £50. Better than the other garage I called that wanted £850 for belts and £150 for service.
Alex built my engine. I Should of perhaps mentioned him first:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
And you get to check out all the rare Alpines and 5turbos that lurk in the garage opposite!

Alex built my engine. I Should of perhaps mentioned him first:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
And you get to check out all the rare Alpines and 5turbos that lurk in the garage opposite!

Can't wait, 5turbos are flippin awesome, to be honest I don't know much about Alpines.