What to do next?

Hi guys,

Getting cambelt done, is there anything else I should get done whilst the engine's out?

List of stuff I'm getting done so far

New front subframe as it was corroded

New steering rack as it comes with the ball joints that i need and fancied upgrading to the 200 cup rack

driveshaft bearing getting replaced

and a few other small things such as cleaning throttle body

How are the flexis on the manifold? Might be worth getting some new springs too if they haven't broke already

Hi guys,

Getting cambelt done, is there anything else I should get done whilst the engine's out?

List of stuff I'm getting done so far

New front subframe as it was corroded

New steering rack as it comes with the ball joints that i need and fancied upgrading to the 200 cup rack

driveshaft bearing getting replaced

and a few other small things such as cleaning throttle body
How much have you been quoted for new front subframe if you don't mind me asking?

How are the flexis on the manifold? Might be worth getting some new springs too if they haven't broke already

Yeh I have thought of both of those things already, hoping the garage doesn't find anything untoward! I was thinking is it worth doing power flex bushings or anything?

How much have you been quoted for new front subframe if you don't mind me asking?

I think the part was 140 but i can't really say about labour as I got quoted for the whole job, subframe was going to have to come off for the other bits anyway.

Reactions: Big Ben
Yeh I have thought of both of those things already, hoping the garage doesn't find anything untoward! I was thinking is it worth doing power flex bushings or anything?
I've got the lower engine mount and the gearbox mount on mine. I would 100% recommend them, reduced engine rocking and the gear change was much better too

Reactions: Dystant
I've got the lower engine mount and the gearbox mount on mine. I would 100% recommend them, reduced engine rocking and the gear change was much better too

Think I might have to do this also then! Cheers for the advice