What is this?

How can I get around having this disconnected and not having the air bag light come on?

Guessing resistors?

Also how do I remove it?

IMG_1123.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a crash sensor. Part Number 8200695684 looks very similar. I don’t mess around with airbag systems but I’m pretty sure you can get kits to blank them which will put the lights out if you want the sensors off.

Reactions: alpi42
I have no clue what it is being honest, however if you want to remove that from where it is, I’d trace the wires back to the airbag ecu if it is from that and just move it, shorten the wires and cut the excess out as long as it’s fixed down well I’d presume it wouldn’t give you any grief, as it’s not an airbag as such I am not sure if resistors would do the trick, but removing excess cable won’t effect the circuit as seen by the ecu

I’ve removed them tonight, one either side.

It’s the side impact sensor.

As soon as one is unplugged the airbag light comes on, once fitted it goes out again. Traced the wiring back to the airbag ECU.

Wanting to have the airbag ECU coded out completely, anyone local to the maidstone area with the knowhow?

I’ve removed them tonight, one either side.

It’s the side impact sensor.

As soon as one is unplugged the airbag light comes on, once fitted it goes out again. Traced the wiring back to the airbag ECU.

Wanting to have the airbag ECU coded out completely, anyone local to the maidstone area with the knowhow?

I’ve got a mate in Ashford that could do it. PM me if you want his details

Reactions: m.a.c