What is the best holiday you have ever been on?

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
I think we all probably have a holiday which has remained with us forever, that was better than any other.

Where was yours and why?

For me, I have been to Malaysia, France, Spain, Germany and Belgium - and I usually go to Scotland twice a year, but the one holiday that was better than any other was February this year. Scotland.

Something about the amount of snow there was blew me away. I still can't believe how lucky we were, nor how amazing it was. Just goes to show, you don't need to travel 6k miles to have an awesome time!!!

Youtube link to the amazing week: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq01cr4Cgr4

You'll see my 197's predecessor too :smile:

I think I can say for both of us that our favourite was a P&O cruise around the Carribean. We visited 10 islands over 2 weeks each one was fantastic, the weather was amazin, the ship and service's on it were outstanding and the people in the Carribean were very friendly and made sure we had a great time on all the excursions we did.
We will keep many memories from the holiday, we loved it so much we're going back next December to do another cruise. Cruising is seen as an old persons thing but honestly I cant recomend it enough, neither of us are sun worshipers so to be seeing something different everday was great :smile:

richandgem said:
I think I can say for both of us that our favourite was a P&O cruise around the Carribean. We visited 10 islands over 2 weeks each one was fantastic, the weather was amazin, the ship and service's on it were outstanding and the people in the Carribean were very friendly and made sure we had a great time on all the excursions we did.
We will keep many memories from the holiday, we loved it so much we're going back next December to do another cruise. Cruising is seen as an old persons thing but honestly I cant recomend it enough, neither of us are sun worshipers so to be seeing something different everday was great :smile:

I wish I could go on one, but wife hates that kind of thing lol

Unless it's the boat bit she has a problem with go with Norwegian (NCL). They do a thing called freestyle cruising where you can eat anywhere on the boat, any time you like and wearing what you like. I could never imagine myself doing a cruise, but it was great.

My best holiday though was probably driving to Canada from Seattle. I climbed mountains in Whistler, rode a horse, fed wild chipmunks nuts from my hand and watched killer whales from a boat that was smaller than they were. Awesome!

My honneymoon in the Dominican. 5 star all inclusive luxury for 2 weeks. I genuinely could have stayed for life (if I had the money) took me 3 years to pay it off

EGYPT marsa alam this year to go swimming with turtles and dolphins
for free was AMAZING and the coral reef BRILLIANT.
SCOTLAND, aviemore in february a close second :smile:

stydriver said:

Was that THE week it snowed??? The same week as in my video in the first post? It was valentines week, and 18 inches of snow had fallen on the Friday night - the day before we arrived. We were only about 20 miles from there and it was utterly amazing!

Mike said:
stydriver said:

Was that THE week it snowed??? The same week as in my video in the first post? It was valentines week, and 18 inches of snow had fallen on the Friday night - the day before we arrived. We were only about 20 miles from there and it was utterly amazing!
yep that was the week
got stuck in the snow going to LECT ski area
never seen so much snow :shock:

Mike said:
richandgem said:

I wish I could go on one, but wife hates that kind of thing lol

Is it the boat/motion thing she doesn't enjoy?
Gem suffered from sea sickness the first time we went, to the point she had to go and see the doctor coz she wouldn't stop throwing up :roll:
The second time she went prepared and got some proper drugs from the doctor, non of this over the counter herbal rubbish :wink:
The next one will be our third cruise and I know it wont be our last, my only complaint about a fly cruise (where you fly out to meet the boat and then fly back) is the flight back, you do a lot of waiting around on the boat the day of departure

stydriver said:
Mike said:
stydriver said:

yep that was the week
got stuck in the snow going to LECT ski area
never seen so much snow :shock:

what! There was actually snow at the Lecht?!?!?!??!? I have never ever seen snow at the bottom of the Lecht ever, only ever skied on slush/fake snow there. love Aviemore though, years since I have been.

been 4 years in a row and theres allways been snow
lots of snow the 197 was cr-p though :wink:

Either Christmas & New Year in Oz (Christmas on the Great Barrier Reef and New Year in Sydney, which was just awesome), or Orang Utans in Borneo with shopping in Singapore....just thinking of it makes me want a holiday.... :worried: