what exhaust do i need?

choppen

Paid Member
by the sounds of things ive made a bad decision and bought a akroprovic will this not work? if not could you point me in the right direction to what I need?

Last edited:
One of the best exhaust available for the Clio 200. Awesome piece of kit

by the sounds of things ive made a bad decision and bought a akropovic will this not work? if not could you point me in the right direction to what I need?

I don't understand why you think this was a bad decision! Sounds awesome!

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use it, the only bits differant will be the manifold and downpipe. So maybe need a link pipe to connect the two.

yiannas197 had me worried and said it was just for the n/a engine so I thought it wouldn't be no good for the megane engine had me worried just brought it and no good for my plans lol

As I mentioned in your thread mate Akrapovic is 64mm and the upgraded meg exhausts are 3'' (74mm) so maybe this can be a bit restrictive for any future plans? I'm sure you paid good money for the Akrapovic (which is the best exhaust for the 197/200) so I'm only saying that you could have bought what's best for the megane engine, and this is not the Akrapovic.

Mike is running a supercharger so he didn't have to do any mods to his exhaust. He was running an Akrapovic before he supercharged it.

to get the best power you need a 3" system I've got a 2 3/4" yozzasport system and was told it was a little too restrictive to hit hit the 300bhpp it should have made with the mods but saying that i can't say i notice and the system I've got sounds epic.

As I mentioned in your thread mate Akrapovic is 64mm and the upgraded meg exhausts are 3'' (74mm) so maybe this can be a bit restrictive for any future plans? I'm sure you paid good money for the Akrapovic (which is the best exhaust for the 197/200) so I'm only saying that you could have bought what's best for the megane engine, and this is not the Akrapovic.

Mike is running a supercharger so he didn't have to do any mods to his exhaust. He was running an Akrapovic before he supercharged it.
I get where your coming from mate im only planning on stage 1 to start with so hopefully the akro will be fine for now

If I decide I need 300bhp one day ill be getting a 3" from turbo back from ketchup they did a brilliant job with my Williams exhaust

U will find the akra a restriction, I'm finding this with mine, 2'5 centre bore but only 2" on the tail pipes, I'm gonna get a Y pipe on mine to see if that frees it up a little, if not I might have to consider the Ktec system. I probably won't tho coz it sounds unreal.

The power and tq gains from the akra on a standard clio are supposed to be really good arent they? Like 8bhp or something..?

Akra should be fine, I run a 2.5" system with sports cat, centre silencer box and two other boxes and I'm at 393bhp.

My friends Luke's fiesta runs 521+bhp with a 2.5" system again with two silencer boxes

a 3" system would be beneficial no doubt, but if you upgrade to a large turbo and have very little back pressure you may see problems with boost creep

Last edited:
What the expert said!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

on a side note, I run a Akra on my meg clio. runs without issue. But it doesn't sound half as good as it did with the n/a lump.