What do they do ......

Adrian

Platinum Legend
Platinum Member
at the second service? Found a couple of good guys to do a service but I want to know what the second service entails

same as the first service, then your 3rd seervice is plugs and so forth, near me renault london west are charging to charge me £305 for the pleasure ffs

1st = oil and filter - pollen filter

2nd = same as 1st + air filter

3rd = same as 1st + spark plugs

4th = same as 2nd + brake fluid change

5th = same as 1st + cambelt + aux belt !!!!!

all have an inspection of wheels tyres brakes etc etc but there is no brake service !

1st = oil and filter - pollen filter

2nd = same as 1st + air filter

3rd = same as 1st + spark plugs

4th = same as 2nd + brake fluid change

5th = same as 1st + cambelt + aux belt !!!!!

all have an inspection of wheels tyres brakes etc etc but there is no brake service !
thanks for that mate, very useful. I think I'll be changing our plugs though, not paying them to do it lol

plugs nice and easy on 197 - just need a 3/8 drive socket set as the plug holes on the head are very narrow

replacement plugs come pre-gapped

use sparkplugs r us for them cheapest around - i found out to late when i ordered mine from the dealers.....

Right this will sound total Noobish and sorry for jacking the thread Adrian.

But see the second service.. Foxspeed you say you get your air filter changed, is that the same as the ITG pannel filter i just added to my car?

I know there not the same names, but curious and very stupid when it comes to engines.

Right this will sound total Noobish and sorry for jacking the thread Adrian.

But see the second service.. Foxspeed you say you get your air filter changed, is that the same as the ITG pannel filter i just added to my car?

I know there not the same names, but curious and very stupid when it comes to engines.

yes fella - air filter / itg panel filter the same "filter" except the itg is for life ie you clean it re-oil it and use it again the standard one is a paper filter once dirty its in the bin :thumbup1:

plugs nice and easy on 197 - just need a 3/8 drive socket set as the plug holes on the head are very narrow

replacement plugs come pre-gapped

use sparkplugs r us for them cheapest around - i found out to late when i ordered mine from the dealers.....
ok, thanks for that mate, I have a load of 1/2" drive spark plugs sockets but no 3/8's

Just another point...i always thought brake fluid should be changed every 2 years??

i have checked the 197 service plan booklet a couple of times now and it says 4yrs/48k brake fluid change

but of course if someone can prove otherwise i will stand corrected :biggrin:

i have checked the 197 service plan booklet a couple of times now and it says 4yrs/48k brake fluid change

but of course if someone can prove otherwise i will stand corrected :biggrin:

Was just going off what is done at work. BMW dealer.

Simon - Feel better now. There was a bottle of screen wash in the car...thought it was free til i got home and actually read the invoice. Been charged for ur haha