What do I do?

Ok,

So I know i'm at serious risk of some flaming here but I really don't know what to do......

So I've had the Clio for 5 weeks now, I maintain I still love the car more than anything, it's a great car and everything I wanted (or so i thought)

I work in Reading and live in Bournemouth, I work from home three days a week and have to commute to Reading the other 2 days. Originally the plan was that I would use my fiancee's car to drive to Reading and the Clio would pretty much only be used at the weekends. Problem arose a week after we bought the Clio as my Fiancee had an accident (not her fault) her car was very badly damaged, so I've been using the Clio to commute, whilst she's had a hire car.

Turns out her 1600cc Suzuki Swift Sport (room temperature hatch) really isnt alot better!! We are now stuck with 2 cars that could drink Al Murray under the table.

My fuel bills were way more than I expected and I'm currently spending £100 a week to keep fuel in the Clio, I never get to drive it for fun, it's just going to spend it's life driving backwards and forwards on the M3 killing polar bears.

If I work out how much it's costing me for my 'motorway cruiser' it makes me wince, £400 per month on fuel, 75pm to Insure, and PCP £259. I accounted for maybe £300 quid a month for fuel i guess.....

I can't get over the gut feeling that I've bought the right car, just at the wrong time.

I bought the car ex-demonstrator for 15k with 6000Miles. I've put another 1200 on it in since. We financed 14500 with 500 deposit.

I'm guessing there isnt any way I can go back now, I expect to lose money, but how much....as the thread title says.....what do I do, any idea's what my options might be?

:bye2:

Ok,

So I know i'm at serious risk of some flaming here but I really don't know what to do......

So I've had the Clio for 5 weeks now, I maintain I still love the car more than anything, it's a great car and everything I wanted (or so i thought)

I work in Reading and live in Bournemouth, I work from home three days a week and have to commute to Reading the other 2 days. Originally the plan was that I would use my fiancee's car to drive to Reading and the Clio would pretty much only be used at the weekends. Problem arose a week after we bought the Clio as my Fiancee had an accident (not her fault) her car was very badly damaged, so I've been using the Clio to commute, whilst she's had a hire car.

Turns out her 1600cc Suzuki Swift Sport (room temperature hatch) really isnt alot better!! We are now stuck with 2 cars that could drink Al Murray under the table.

My fuel bills were way more than I expected and I'm currently spending £100 a week to keep fuel in the Clio, I never get to drive it for fun, it's just going to spend it's life driving backwards and forwards on the M3 killing polar bears.

If I work out how much it's costing me for my 'motorway cruiser' it makes me wince, £400 per month on fuel, 75pm to Insure, and PCP £259. I accounted for maybe £300 quid a month for fuel i guess.....

I can't get over the gut feeling that I've bought the right car, just at the wrong time.

I bought the car ex-demonstrator for 15k with 6000Miles. I've put another 1200 on it in since. We financed 14500 with 500 deposit.

I'm guessing there isnt any way I can go back now, I expect to lose money, but how much....as the thread title says.....what do I do, any idea's what my options might be?

:bye2:

Regarding your fuel expenses mate, to get the best MPG out of it I'd get a Superchips Bluefin.

I've been recommend these by quite a few people, and while they're not going to make a difference if any on town driving etc, it'll save you a few pennies on long commutes such as yours.

Even a good remap at the right place could help you. Shouldn't void your warranty also if you've any.

Other than that, I've found filling up with the more expensive stuff like V Power, even being more expensive gives me a few extra miles than regular unleaded.

I'm sure a few other peoples opinions may differ, but this has worked for me in my experience.

Hope it sort's itself out.

Sam

Well *IF* you decide to get rid of it you have 2 options-

both of which you will get stung for-

*) Private sale with the buyer clearing the finance-
Without knowing any spec of your car most private sales struggle for 13k so you are looking at 13 k sale into a 14.5 settlement ( I Doubt whether you have cleared any equity yet)
loss 1.5k

*) trade it back to a dealer OR the renault if they financed it-
You will get offered around 12k trade back-
loss 2.5k

You may want to ring your finance company & see how your debt runs against the predicted value of your car & see if theres any point you run intio positive equity- although its very unlikely-

You may think your loss will go down after a few months- I dont think it will- so you will loose approx the same in each situation- however the longer you leave it the more 'rent' on the car you would have saved-

get a settlement figure & then have a think based on spec what you can sell it for-

Thats if of course your thinking of selling it-

regards
Steve

Well *IF* you decide to get rid of it you have 2 options-

both of which you will get stung for-

*) Private sale with the buyer clearing the finance-
Without knowing any spec of your car most private sales struggle for 13k so you are looking at 13 k sale into a 14.5 settlement ( I Doubt whether you have cleared any equity yet)
loss 1.5k

*) trade it back to a dealer OR the renault if they financed it-
You will get offered around 12k trade back-
loss 2.5k

You may want to ring your finance company & see how your debt runs against the predicted value of your car & see if theres any point you run intio positive equity- although its very unlikely-

You may think your loss will go down after a few months- I dont think it will- so you will loose approx the same in each situation- however the longer you leave it the more 'rent' on the car you would have saved-

get a settlement figure & then have a think based on spec what you can sell it for-

Thats if of course your thinking of selling it-

regards
Steve

Ah that's depressing, It's FF with Cup Chassis and Recaro's...you really think I'd struggle to see 13k for it?

I was happy paying 15 and I thought I got a good deal, It was up for 15995!

It's mint, done 7000 miles, only issue is a slight sign of wear on drivers side Recaro.......

Regarding your fuel expenses mate, to get the best MPG out of it I'd get a Superchips Bluefin.

I've been recommend these by quite a few people, and while they're not going to make a difference if any on town driving etc, it'll save you a few pennies on long commutes such as yours.

Even a good remap at the right place could help you. Shouldn't void your warranty also if you've any.

Other than that, I've found filling up with the more expensive stuff like V Power, even being more expensive gives me a few extra miles than regular unleaded.

I'm sure a few other peoples opinions may differ, but this has worked for me in my experience.

Hope it sort's itself out.

Sam

Thanks Sam,

How much do you get out of a tank of Vpower, I think chipping and better fuel might be my only option. I dont really want to get rid of it anyway!

As for chipping, well, I live 10 minutes from K-Tec :bounce:

Thanks Sam,

How much do you get out of a tank of Vpower, I think chipping and better fuel might be my only option. I dont really want to get rid of it anyway!

As for chipping, well, I live 10 minutes from K-Tec :bounce:

Tank of V Power, right to the brim.. 380 miles I think, Tesco Momentum is good too, saying that most "high octane" fuels tend to be. Just found the Shell to be the best.

I can do a good 100 mile trip keeping the car in between 3-4rpm too, I often find that has a big impact on my MPG.

Let me know what they quote you as I think their objective is performance, there's a guy here in Northampton who will do a remap for you, MPG primary target for £200.