Weird squeek noise?!

Well that's strange. Sometimes when driving at very low speeds (1st gear, almost idle RPM) I hear this squeeking noise. It seems to happen only when the car is turning, no relation to gas pedal or brakes. What can this be?
Cheers mates.

Me too! I get squeeking and creaking noises from the front (suspension?) areas which are noticable at slow speeds, going over small bumps and perhaps a bit more when manouvering. I once had these looked at by a friend in the trade (although he said he couldn't notice anything), he greased some parts which did seem to help. Does anyone have any specific answers please ?

I looked at my front suspension over this weekend (doing a cleanup of arches and brakes - not relating to this problem) however you may want to check that the plastic cover over your front springs has not become dislodged or come off completely, as this seems to make a noise on the front suspension - as without the cover the spring rubs/grinds against the mount. Just a thought.

I'm not sure if it applies to the 197 or not, but on my old MK 2 1.2 Clio the suspension top mounts squeeded when turning the steering at slow speed. If you looked under the bonnet you could see the black part at the top of the suspension and when you move the steering wheel this moves with it. The dealer did something that cured it, something like filing the surface flat again?

I too had this problem turned out to be a seized pad. The squeak could only be heard at low speed, turning slightly to left and over bumps. I thought it was my suspension to begin with but removal of offside calliper showed that my pad was not sliding correctly. Give cleaning them up a go and with any luck problem solved!

mine makes a grinding an creaking noise when turning an manouevering, an slow driving.
when itd been to the stealers, they said it was either the upper or lower bal joint bt gona have a look over it when i paint my calipers an see i can see owt.