Weird Idle

av4625

Paid Member
Recently my car more often when cold idles a bit strangely.
When I start it the needle will sit about a needles width below 1k RPM.
After about a minute it will drop down to 600 RPM, sound a bit weird and shake the car a bit.
A few seconds later it will bounce back up.

The car drives and pulls fine.
Any ideas?

Ill do that, thats handy to check, anything to worry about when taking it off? or can I just take it off, clean and put it back?

Ill do that, thats handy to check, anything to worry about when taking it off? or can I just take it off, clean and put it back?

do a search on here theres plenty on the pcv valve - the throttle body is 4 bolts 1 connector & inlet pipe

Reactions: av4625
You modified the cold air valve did you block off the pipe that ran across to beside the PCV valve that would have an affect on the idle.
upload_2019-4-26_11-47-57.png

Reactions: av4625
You modified the cold air valve did you block off the pipe that ran across to beside the PCV valve that would have an affect on the idle.

hmm good question. I think there is a pipe that goes into the bottom of the PCV valve, I havent touched that. I have blocked of the pipe that you circled and it used to go over to the little controller thing for the acoustic valve.

I have that blocked off a good while now and the idle issue is only recent. But I will make sure that blocking that doesn't effect anything.

Good spot

edit:
If you click the link that was posted showing how to clean the PCV valve it shows that a bigger pipe goes into the bottom of the valve, I haven't touched that. pheww