water leak

Hi guys just bought an 07 197!
Haven't driven it much yet (will get a good run round Knockhill on sunday!) but the alarm keeps going off randomly. Will a faulty boot switch cause this?
Also shes leaking!! Streaming down from behind the dash right about the center.
Is this a common problem? Had a quick search but couldn't see anything.

cheers

First off, welcome. A fellow Scot I assume with you mentioning Knockhill.

Not sure on the boot button but I may be able to help with the water issue. Water can build up under the scuttle panel under the window wipers. It builds up because the drain holes can easily get blocked up by leaves.

All you have to do is remove some bits of plastic, window wipers etc. clean out the leaves and re-assemble. Job done.

There is a tutorial for it in the How to Section but you have to become a paid member (As little as £5 a year) to access the many guides we have.

Perfect cheers guys! I'll have a look when this heavy rain goes off!

NOddie aye, Fife :smile: Have you been round the hill with standard brakes? Do they last?

Perfect cheers guys! I'll have a look when this heavy rain goes off!

NOddie aye, Fife :smile: Have you been round the hill with standard brakes? Do they last?

Yeah been round the hill in our green 200 a lot in the past 2 and a half years. Standards brakes are good. Managed 4.5 trackdays before the pedal went nearly all the way to the floor.

I have since upgraded the brakes (Nothing but the calliper is used now) and they are truly awesome.

You been out on track before?

I'll flush through some decent fluid before I go round hopefully they will last.
Yeah bud been round the hill a few times in a few different things, first time driving reverse layout though!

Does anyone know where the cheapest place to get a boot switch is? Ebay has a few options I dont want to get the wrong one!

Pm TwingoGeekeo (Karl is his real name) and he should be able to give you an awesome price.

Done cheers.

Cleaned out those drains yesterday and popped the grommets underneath so hopefully she drys out soon!

Cheers!