Water in top mounts?

When I was looking to purchase my clio, I got excited and didn't notice the large holes chopped out of the scuttle and tape over the top mounts.

So, in the cars past, somebody has been too lazy to remove the wipers to get the scuttle off and change the springs and has bodged it.

There is now water collecting in the top of the top mount.

Any ideas on the best way to stop this to avoid rust, a new scuttle or is there a cover I'm missing?

Get a new scuttle panel.

Take that one off an give everything a good clean an check there's no rot set in. There shouldn't be if you've caught it early as even the oldest 197s aren't particularly old. Speak to Karl on here, TwingoGeekeo, he'll be able to sort you out a new scuttle panel and if you're a paid up member then you'll get a discount too.

Ideal, cheers, will look into it.

Is the clio scuttle panel the same throughout the range or is it different for a 197 compared to 1.2 etc?

I couldn't tell you to be honest, never seen a 1.2 etc., with the bonnet up.

Fair play.

Cheers for the link.....just hope the wipers come off easier than my 182 wipers did. Had to take them to a garage even though I had a wiper removal tool haha

Simple enough Jcs, no special tools required.

Wiper arm is removed by pushing the arm down where the perforations are and pulling upwards. If you get stuck I'm just down the road.