Water getting in.

michaelsyer

Gold Member
I live in the south east as all know from the news its absolutley pissing it down. Getting water coming in through the passanger side dash into the passanger footwell. Googled it looks like its quite common for the drainage holes? to get clogged under the black grates under the windscreen. I need to take all the black stuff off and the whipers to get the holes un clogged.

1. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge how to do this? size spanners etc i would need how do i take the seals off and replace them properly or is it a garage job. any help please im going to try tomorrow.

edit: i have read some more that it may be heater pannel sticking shut? how would i fix this one and find this problem if it is this i have this picture if it helps.

wet%20car.jpg

Last edited:
do it asap mate or you risk getting a bill up to £1,000..if the water gets in through the air vent in the middle of your windscreen under your bonnet,you may end up with a broken clio....there is a how to as well..

It's something that's easily overlooked especially if someone isn't aware of the potential problems it can cause! But once you've seen how bad it gets you never forget to check :smiley:

I clean mine once every 6 months or so, REALLY recommend this. The amount of crap that gets in there after 6 months is wild!