VW Golf Design Vision GTI

Looks alright. I say the cost is all down to the tooling costs, it looks like a production ready car with proper body panels and plastics. I can easily see £3.5 million there

The only carry over part is the windscreen. So if its a new engine, all new body panels, engine, suspension, brakes, wheels, gearbox etc etc. Then you have the cost of the design team that probably spent a year designing it (which would be concept, final design, clay model etc.). Then you have all the tooling and they would have had a team of engineers/mechanics building the thing (which I doubt is easy on a ground up new car).

I will admit though, you would expect a company with full access to the VAG parts bin would be able to bolt together something for a smaller budget than that. Still, fair play to VAG for dumping their profits in to something us petrol heads can really appreciate rather than just handing out to the shareholders :smile:

I will admit though, you would expect a company with full access to the VAG parts bin would be able to bolt together something for a smaller budget than that.

That's exactly what they did with the W12 and it turned out to be sh!t

Similar Thread Suggestions