Virgin Clayer!

Bought a Clay Magic clay kit, never used a clay bar before. All I can say is wow, so easy to use and the results were fantastic. Paint is now smooth like glass.

Washed the car with usual 2 buckets with Meguiars NXT car wash. Applied some Carpro Iron X, picked up some contamination, but wasn't too bad. Then clayed the whole car using half the bar. Wiped down with microfibre, then applied Autoglym Super Resin Polish, finished off with some Extra Gloss Protection, both so easy to use.

gy5evyqu.jpg

bagebyza.jpg

yda4eme5.jpg

Finished off with two coats of Poorboys wheel seal.

9e3aha7a.jpg

I tried clay for the first time a couple of weeks ago when I bought my 197. I was worried at first but like you say it is so easy to use and the results are amazing. Couldn't believe the dirt that came off my car just after cleaning it!

20131109_153333.jpg

I found that the autoglym tar remover didn't shift the tar spots so mine ended up like that too. Could do with some of that stuff from autosmart that just melts it in seconds.

Your clay shouldn't have been that dirty did you remove all the tar with tar an glue remover first ?

I used autoglym tar remover but found it was pretty crap really, my fingernail removed more tar. Need to research a good tar remover before I next clay the car

Yeah Tardis is ment to be good I use AF oblitarate which I find works well for me I was always led to believe your clay should never be that dirty ? Iron x only removes iron doesn't it ?

I used autoglym tar remover but found it was pretty crap really, my fingernail removed more tar. Need to research a good tar remover before I next clay the car
I would mate would hate to no what that's doing to your car rubbing that all over it

Car looks fantastic. One recommendation I would have for this time of year is to maybe go for a harder wax to finish with, the Auto Glym stuff doesn't last too well from my experience, especially not this time of year. Maybe give something like Collinite 476s a go, its super hard wearing. I put mine on at this time of year every year and it lasts all winter, no matter how much sh*t gets thrown on the car.

Yep, that's the stuff. For the price its fantastic. It's a little hard to work with (and a little chalky on dark colours), but honestly it does its job VERY well.

I used Iron X and caly for the first time this weekend.... Why didnt i use ironX before?? its awesome stuff!

Similar Thread Suggestions