Viewing classifieds threads??

Quick one - why cant I view any of the posts in the classifieds section? Is there some sort of weird Clio initiation I need to do? :smiley:

Mart.

There is indeed, it involves PayPal and a small fee. Well worth it though as you’ll get to see all the how to’s as well.

Where does it say that? It just says 'you're not allowed', but doesn't give you instructions on what to do. I'd suggest adding some instructions to the sections so that unfamiliar users can learn how to get paid-up. Also don't make classifieds links active if you're not able to open the threads - just makes it very confusing for users.

PS - Designing usable digital interfaces is what I do for a living, so happy to help :smile:

Reactions: Big Ben
As you can see in the screenshot below, under the Classifieds title it says 'Open to paid members' only - but there's no hint as to how to pay, or any links to do so. Also the section links are still active which suggests I can use them, but actually I can't...

I'd suggest adding a 'How to pay' link next to the 'Open to paid members' message, to drive more users to pay. I'm sure most new users just leave the site frustrated, scratching their heads.

Screenshot 2019-02-22 at 15.35.26.png

It is difficult to find.
If you click on your user name.
Click on profile from memory and it has membership status there. I think!

One of the admins will point you in the right direction I’m sure. Good point about it not saying when you click on the link though, I’m sure it’s something they could change.

6AB32342-7BA8-4B01-AB6A-F226DF21B181.jpeg

Also if you use the search function this has been a question asked many times - kind of like on Detailing World how every 5 minutes someone is asking ‘what is the best type of snowfoam’ lol.

As Eddie says, it has been a question that's been asked many a time, however that does suggest that it isn't the easiest thing to find on the forum...

I will put together a thread with the relevant steps included and Sticky it in the New Members section. I'll update this thread with a link to the guide.

Thank you to everyone who has offered their help up to now :thumb:

EDIT: Guide available here:
https://clio197.net/threads/new-members-viewing-classifieds-please-read.61807/

Last edited: