Vibe Slick 50

Been looking around for a fairly cheap set of speakers as I have no rears in my car, and came across these Vibes. For now I'll be putting new ones in the front and switching the factories to the back until I get some more.

I have virtually no clue when it comes to audio, so do these look ok? Head unit is standard, and I don't play music in the car very loud so just want something that sounds good.

fronprodSLICK%2050.jpg

http://www.bassjunkies.com/audio/vibe-slick-50

Cheers guys

yeha these are good but like if u want good sound and have a bit more dosh look for old audi speakers these are bose and are crisp as crisp can be ure lookin at 100 to replace fronts and 80 for backs money well spent

I rate VIBE quite highly. My sub is VIBE, and i have never had any problems and it sounds great. I also see you've been looking at BassJunkies- i have ordered parts from here before and i received excellent service!

Ive had these speakers, and to be honest I didnt rate them. I have nothing bad to say about Vibe as ive had allot of stuff from them in recent years. But these are simply no good when just being plugged into the Head unit. They are designed to be plugged into an Amplifier so they get the power they need

A good set for the price is the Edge range, these are Made by VIBE, jsut a different label
http://www.bassjunkies.com/audio/edge-ed305

but as Woody has said, the more dollar the better quality in most cases. Bose are the way forward :smile:

In Addition to that, I dont suppose anyone knows the wattage of the standard 197 head unit ?

Last edited:
my rainbows fitted without much modding, apart from the acres of deadening. Hertz do some good cheaper kit but honest swap out your HU because they are dreadful. as a note those tweeters dont fit they sit slightly proud above. I dont rate vibe TBH but have a listen you will choose :smile:

Slick is good, but I would prefer the LiteAir series, light for performance :tongueout:

Would really like to know the difference between the 2 in terms of sound quality; and most of all which will fit RS197.

Have to agree with some previous comments in here. But aftermarket speakers 9/10 will always require some superior form of amplifier, as they require more uumph to drive them rather than the weedy effort in the OEM headunit.

In a sense you would be spending money on good speakers and not getting anything worthwhile from them... it may even sound just as ****.

Its like having a set of Bowers & Wilkins speakers and trying to run them from a £10 CD/Radio.

Cheers for all the comments guys.

I got some speakers on Friday. I decided that as I'm not wanting to change the head unit or amp everything up at the moment, there was no point wasting money on decent speakers, so I'd just go for a basic set of entry level speakers.

Went for these http://www.bassjunkies.com/audio/t1-audio-t1-524

They are cheap ones but 10 times better than the factory ones, and now I have sound in the front and back of my car, with a nice bit of bass from these :smile:

Fitted them in about 5 mins with the help of some handy connectors from ebay which meant no cutting of wires

I needed to get rear speakers for my cup. Ended up with FLI 130mm. Bought for the front as well - only to realise the depth of the front void is next to nothing. Just about fitted to get the grills back on.