*URGENT* bimecc spacer help

Anyone got these spacers? And had trouble fitting the front ones?? If so what were the problems!? Cause the fronts arnt flush mount! Was there different rear and fronts available?

Thanks guys
I know I'm a pain sorry haha

What do you mean by 'are'nt flush mount'?

Do you mean they are not flat? hubcentric ones replicate the front hub so the wheel locates on an hub like it does as standard.

Should be a sort of top hat shape.

What do you mean by 'are'nt flush mount'?

Do you mean they are not flat? hubcentric ones replicate the front hub so the wheel locates on an hub like it does as standard.

Should be a sort of top hat shape.

When i put the rears on they went on perfect and flush mount on the hub but the fronts left a roughly 1mm gap?

Thanks

Yeah, i called the guy who sold them to me and said he's never had a problem with clios, unless you've fitted after market disc which i havent :/

Do the ones you are trying to fit go on the rear?

The size is 60.1mm i suppose it only has to be a 0.1mm out to stop it fitting, is there any rust/debris on the hub? make sure it's really clean for a good fit.

If you try them on the rear and they don't fit you'll know they are wrong.

the standard top hat section on the front sticks out a fair but further than the rears so you will need a deeper bore on the spacer,you could grind a couple of mm's of this top hat section if you have the balls so the spacers pushes on further

Did you ever sort this out?

I've asked a seller on ebay who's selling 20mm spacers if he can do the 16mm ones and he's said they can't do them as the hub sticks out too much on a 197.

I'd prefere the 16mm ones and would not mind taking out the extra 1mm.

H&R part number for 16mm spacers

You don't realise how helpfull that part number was :thumbup: :thumbup::thumbup:

A quick google search turns up pairs on german ebay cheaper than buying from over here, in stock too.

One company £80 a pair, larkspeed £72 a pair, both plus postage.

German ebay £58.60 a pair plus £14.41 postage.

Buying two pair will save around £23 from larkspeed.

:shout::bounce1:

That'll pay for my hooters meal on saturday. :thumbup:

Sorry for the late reply! and they sent them but fitted on the back but not front but the spigots were different sizes! not good... but the actually spigot size is very small for what the wheel sits on with the spacers on its like 1mm so sending them back and will get the eibach ones instead! for the extra £60 i'd rather the safety

Sorry for the late reply! and they sent them but fitted on the back but not front but the spigots were different sizes! not good... but the actually spigot size is very small for what the wheel sits on with the spacers on its like 1mm so sending them back and will get the eibach ones instead! for the extra £60 i'd rather the safety

tbf the spigot is only there to locate the wheel centrally,its not there to hold it centrally,thats the job of the wheel bolts,so they would have probably been ok had they fitted correctly,however i'd of personally of gone for the eibachs/H&R's anyway as they are reputable companys and have carried out all the relevant safety tests,the last thing you want is something failing in that area

I'm pretty surprised by this though as BIMEC are and OEM manufacturer of wheel bolts etc. all their kit is TUV approved so I'd be surprised if its a manufacturing oversight. More likely they were just for a different model of car.

I found some FK automotive ones too, cheaper from europe than here again, these were found on amazon of all palces :smiley:

FK automotive ar another german company, all TUV approved, i had one of their damper kits before, good stuff.

Similar Thread Suggestions