Upper Torque Mount Sleeve

Morning all,

I'm switching my engine mounts back to standard from Powerflex yellows. Long story.
I've received the new upper torque mount from RPD but it doesn't have the locating dowel which aligns the mount to the center of the bolt on the cylinder head. See in red on attached image.
Does anyone know from experience whether this should have been included with the new mount, or the original one from the car be reused?
If it's a case of reusing the original, does anyone know where I could get one? The parts diagram from Renault shows it as part of the mount so guessing it's not available as an individual part..

Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Jim

Attachments

• dbcd92eb12a0d28314d210fa5829d810.jpg
    dbcd92eb12a0d28314d210fa5829d810.jpg
    409.4 KB · Views: 39
I’d be getting in touch with Renault parts direct as if it comes as part of the mount on Renault parts they should’ve had one delivered with the new dog bone (they are a Renault dealer after all)

I used powerflex bushes with my old mount for a few weeks then decided to buy an original mount from Renault and the new one swapped straight over. Here's a picture of a new Renault unit from ROFAG to compare, albeit the other side.

s-l1600.jpg

I used powerflex bushes with my old mount for a few weeks then decided to buy an original mount from Renault and the new one swapped straight over. Here's a picture of a new Renault unit from ROFAG to compare, albeit the other side.

View attachment 127067
The part he’s asking about is only on the other side, it’s the dowel tonlocate the two together and fairly important to prevent movement, and getting the parts lined up in the first place before tightening

Just a thought for the original poster, any engine shop should be able to find you one to fit as they are very common between heads and blocks, you want a locating dowel if you go that way and they will know what your on about

Reactions: Jim_
Thanks for the comments all. I'm told by Renault that the mount doesn't come with it, even though it's pictured on the tech drawing on their parts system, it's also not available separately.

@Dumdum You're thinking exactly the same thought as me. Without the dowel the engine is going to move around allot and I suspect ultimately stress and snap the bolt over time.

I think the next step is to try some breakers to see if I can salvage the part from an old mount, although I still don't know if the original dowel was removable or manufactured into the original mount. After that I'll have to look at something custom, but I don't really want the hassle of that.

It will just be a removable dowel as fitted to engines and gearboxes, breakers will have loads or an engine shop

OK, really struggling to find the part from a breakers.
Does anyone have a dowel that they can take a picture of and take some measurements so I can try and source from new?

Also, worth noting that after speaking with Paul @ RPD, Renault nolonger supply the dowel with the mount and it is not available on it's own so if you swap out the mount for an AM version, keep the original parts should you want to change it back at any point.

I just found the old mount, transferred the dowel across and took some measurements for ya @Jim_

Height = 10-11mm
Diameter = 15mm

There's also some markings on it that read: Fm 08 11

As you can see in the picture the dowel has a split to allow some movement. I knocked it out of the old mount with a thin chisel, lined it up in between the new mount/engine and it pulled into the mount as the bolt was tightened.

20180905_150542.png 20180905_150549.png

Last edited: