Updated dash :) White Dials

So after having a clio for almost a year I felt quite disappointed with the tired old dated dials on the 200.
So after a bit of research I decided to have a crack at changing out the LEDs in the rear of the speedo/rev counter.

I will write a how to in due time but just now just thought I'd share my results, I'm really pleased and looks soo much more modern

3epe7eba.jpg

Open to any questions and a thanks to @Gam for supplying a set of dials to practice with.

(Eagle eyed readers may notice the dials are different an they are top are 200 dials and bottom is 197)

Last edited:
They look good, well done.

Although, for me, I quite like the dark 'dated' lights, they don't glare and don't take your focus from the road by shining at you.

Looks great, a 'how to' would be great pal.

Any reason why you didn't consider doing the odometer etc in the middle?

Lcd screen has a coloured filter and I'm not sure I have the skills to remove it, could've changed the LEDs as they are behind the screens but would still have an orange tint :smile:
and the glare is due to the camera (iphone 4) the white is quite soft when you see it in person If I can get hold of a high quality camera I may be able to get a more accurate picture.

looks good fella, was it easy like clios always are:huh::huh::huh:

Nope!! Single most stressful thing I've done to the clio the LEDs are 1.2mm x 0.8mm (that's smaller than the letter "y" on a 1p coin haha and one wrong move could render the dash useless, I only attempted this as I'm an electrical technician to trade so soldering is part and parcel of my job although I've never done something this precise before :smile:

yry4eze7.jpg
So managed to complete a set of 200 dials and there is a lot less glare than the 197 nice sharp edges to the numbers :smile: looks fantastic when driving and such a modern look, think this is my favourite mod to date :smile: think I'm gonna have to do a progress thread defo got the mod bug :/