Ultra Red 197 photoshoot, enjoy

Antti O

Gold Member
Here is some pics from yesterday, i hope you like it

Some products i use in detailing:

-Paintwork is 2 step machine polished with rotary polisher.
-Paintwork+Wheels : Meguairs M16 mirror glaze paste wax
-Windshield: Gyeon coating
-Tyres CRC Tyre shine spray foam
-Engine bay plastics: Valet pro plastic dressing & Autoglym vinyl&rubber care

20170805_203933.jpg\big

20170805_203946.jpg\big

20170805_204014.jpg\big

20170805_204027.jpg\big

20170805_204036.jpg\big

20170805_204111.jpg\big

20170805_204131.jpg\big

20170805_204144.jpg\big

20170805_204207.jpg\big

20170805_204235.jpg\big

20170805_204328.jpg\big

20170805_204538.jpg\big

20170805_204621.jpg\big

20170805_205352.jpg\big

Cleanest car on the forum.

Still !!!

Lovely as always Antti. Almost a spot of sunshine in the last pics. And NO SNOW :smile:

Reactions: ///M
There's always something on the list to do, isn't there! Keeps us interested I suppose :wink:

An absolute delight for the eyes as always Antti.

Love this car so much and the effort you go to in order to keep it looking its best really shows and is well worth the effort.

One of my favourite cars on the forum.

Reactions: sevenfourate
very clean indeed..well done Antti :french:

An absolute delight for the eyes as always Antti.

Love this car so much and the effort you go to in order to keep it looking its best really shows and is well worth the effort.
One of my favourite cars on the forum.

Many thanks, i do spend some hours every week for cleaning and keep it in tip top shape. If it is possible, i would not drive it winter any more.. In summertime it is dailydriven.

Looks stunning mate,

Thanks, i appreciate :smile:

does NOT look like a daily Antti, shows how much time and effort you put in to it.

does NOT look like a daily Antti, shows how much time and effort you put in to it.

@///M

I drive approx 22kilometres per day if i go work with car, but most of the summerdays i drive scooter via city center it is only 6kilometres for one way. It is so economical and fast. (2.5litres/100km petrol, or 94mpg).
I dont drive with clio so much, some b-road fast trips in weekends. Unfortunately most of my area b-roads are bad condition.

My regular wash schedule is 1-2 washes / week. Usually little bit quickdetailer, tyredressing etc in same time. I have pretty good facilites for car washing and fixing, so i am tempted to do lot of it..
Some people asking sometimes how in earth i can have so shiny car here in these conditions.. :relaxed:

I have done this wash/detailing things over 10 years, so i am quite quick and process is how i would say.. fine tuned for fast and effective. My regular car wash takes only 1 hour.

Last edited:
Damn it Antti it looks like it just left the showroom! You're making the rest of us look bad for not washing out cars as regularly :ban:

@///M

I drive approx 22kilometres per day if i go work with car, but most of the summerdays i drive scooter via city center it is only 6kilometres for one way. It is so economical and fast. (2.5litres/100km petrol, or 94mpg).
I dont drive with clio so much, some b-road fast trips in weekends. Unfortunately most of my area b-roads are bad condition.

My regular wash schedule is 1-2 washes / week. Usually little bit quickdetailer, tyredressing etc in same time. I have pretty good facilites for car washing and fixing, so i am tempted to do lot of it..
Some people asking sometimes how in earth i can have so shiny car here in these conditions.. :relaxed:

I have done this wash/detailing things over 10 years, so i am quite quick and process is how i would say.. fine tuned for fast and effective. My regular car wash takes only 1 hour.

An hour.....really. That's crazy.

I'm doing something very wrong.....

My wash process, lets start with semi filthy 197:

-Snow foam with lance for dry car. Instantly after snow foam i spray de-iron fluid for alloys with hand spray can.
- 5-8 minutes working time for de-iron + snow foam. In that time i fill 15litre bucket with warm water and mix shampoo.
- Pressure washer wash. We have kränzle so lot of water. Fast to wash all snow foams away. It takes only couple of minutes.. Remember water quantity in pressure is much important than max pressure..
- Wash mitt wash, first all body panels then wheels in final step.
-Pressure washer wash again.
-Drying with 2 large elite yellow drying towels, and silicon blade for windshield and other windows.
-Then some detailer couple fine sprays in every panel, wipe it off with microfibers
-I drive home for my half garage (you know only roof and side walls, no door.. perfect solution to storage car in my opinion if you dont have lot of money for heated sealed garage.
-When car is parked i spray that CRC tyre gloss foam, really fast to use.. i wipe excess from alloys with microfiber.
-DONE (under 1 hour)..

Unfortunately in wintertime it is whole different story, at least if you want it properly clean you have to use petrol solvants :confused:..
In summertime it is easy to keep car clean.

I can make video if i will buy gopro hero 5... then you see how it is done in that time. And then you can judge is that too uncarefully washed because so fast :smile:

Reactions: sevenfourate
Lovely car, not a red fan alt all but have to say some cars just suit it! The Clio is one, I had a tvr Griffith in red, looked lovely!

On the time taken, I'd say it takes me about 1.5/2 to wash, dry and quick detail the outside, all trim and inside plastics would be another hour but I only do them every 3 months or so!