Ultra Red 197 FF

Hello,
Thought I would post up a project of my new car
Old 182 project thread can be found here http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showt...ect&highlight=
Bought my 197 around 6 weeks ago and I love it, big improvement from the 182 I feel.
First thing I did was to get the wheels done in back to start my Red/Black combo
DSC04880.jpg
DSC04887.jpg
Second step was to do the mirrors, Got my brother to wrap these just incase I wanted them back to red.
Turn out really nice
DSC04929.jpg
DSC04936.jpg
Next was to fit my Cup Spoiler which I done this morning
Really sets the back of the car of, really happy with it (apart from Renault build quality)
DSC04969.jpg
DSC04988.jpg
Painted the Renault Sport bit in black to go with the theme.
DSC04992.jpg
DSC04994.jpg
DSC04998.jpg
Hope you like.

Plans
H&R Springs
15/18mm spacers front and back
Red break Calipers
Silver indicators (on order)
50w 6000k HID's (on order)
Gloss black rear diffuser (maybe wrapped)

Looking good, like the detail on the RenaultSport under the spoiler. You doing anything with the zorst? You have made some good progress so far.

Look nice and I like the plans. Would suggest painting the diffuser instead of trying to wrap it though!

Looking good, like the detail on the RenaultSport under the spoiler. You doing anything with the zorst? You have made some good progress so far.

Thanks
Exhaust bracket on the left needs sorting, no plans to change as I like the standard sound. maybe just them exhaust trim tips or a 200 diffuser.

Look nice and I like the plans. Would suggest painting the diffuser instead of trying to wrap it though!

Thanks
Yeah think I might end up painting anyway because the vinyl might melt and hard to wrap around the fins.

Ye, that's what I am like, I like the standard exhaust, but wanted something more visual at the back, so went for the RS Trims. I made sure I fitted them quite far towards the front of the car so they don't stick out. I did consider having the center silencer taken out, but I think it's loud enough for my taste.

Ye, that's what I am like, I like the standard exhaust, but wanted something more visual at the back, so went for the RS Trims. I made sure I fitted them quite far towards the front of the car so they don't stick out. I did consider having the center silencer taken out, but I think it's loud enough for my taste.

in exactly the same position as you, looking to get the tail trims now.

Ok bit of an update,

So got my xenon through the door Thursday, so a few hours later got started on fitting them
Went for the 50w 6000k bulb
DSC05029.jpg

started with the indicator bulbs
before
DSC05017.jpg
after
DSC05016.jpg
these lights have cornering light so wanted these slightly blue so they wouldn't look that yellow against the Xenons
before
DSC05018.jpg
after
DSC05019.jpg
Did all these at the same time I was doing the HID's as I had the lights out.
bumper off to remove the lights.
DSC05002.jpg
Half and half comparison, as you can tell the passengers side completed
DSC05012.jpg
then finished, also did the rear indicator bulbs.
DSC05026.jpg
pic of the car (kinda)
DSC05003.jpg

They have made a massive improvement and I love them so bright

Got a CRT aerial on order
Want to get 15/18mm spacers
Parrot car Kit
H&R Springs
Red Brembo's
Gloss black diffuser
Exhaust trims

not much else to be honest

Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks.
Kind of a straight swap, you need to put the current bulb wires into the ballasts then that goes to the new bulb which is the same connection.

little update.
new CTR aerial
DSC05614.jpg
and couple of photos from last week in Devon. (car not cleaned in 5 days)
DSC05628.jpg
DSC05643.jpg
Thanks

Looking good. You sure that's a Honda aerial, they're usually longer than that? I've had one that sort of size on mine before and the reception was terrible. I had to swap to the Honda one and it is brilliant.

Looking good. You sure that's a Honda aerial, they're usually longer than that? I've had one that sort of size on mine before and the reception was terrible. I had to swap to the Honda one and it is brilliant.

I did think this when I saw a s2000 ariel looked longer and fatter, reception is not to bad, but worse than the stock one.

I'm not sure mate, I can try and measure my Honda one when I get back home.