**Tyres**

Hey guys done a search but can't find much relevant unless I'm being blind. Need 2 new tyres soon, do people tend to keep the contis or go for a mid range alternative?

I went through several sets of falken FK452 on my last car as contis and pirelli used to aquaplane a lot and were gash in winter. They did me fine and saved me a few bob :smile: I'm not doing track days so not interested in premium tyres like toyos etc.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Most of the well rated tyres are marked as premium and have a price to match like the Contis.

Anything cheaper will most likely be a compromise in some area, I had some Toyo T1rs on an old car btw and I wouldnt put them in the same league as Contis at all.

I'd just say stick with the Contis and don't go driving into any big puddles, can't say I've had any massive aqua plaining problems with them though.

Contis are pretty good for the price.

You can get sportcontact 5 now which are about the same price as the 3

That was on contis can't remember exactly which but 225/35/18 used to hate em. The fella in the garage I go always says buy hankooks which are mid range n all but he swears by them :/

Need 2 on mine soon, 3mm left on them, im staying with the conti's as they seem ok.
Had toyo's on my 182 but didnt like them in the rain (very good in the dry)
michellin would be my 1st choice but hard to get hold of.

Bridgestones for me cheaper better lifespan and i can't tell any difference between then performance wise, personally the conti's i think are overpriced.