Tyres vs road noise

The EU has given this weird noise rating. I was wondering is it worth the paper its written on? I used to buy Michelin but got 2 punchers so had to get cheap ones a while back. Now its quite noisy to the point where I wonder is it the wheel bearing.

Is it worth buying mid range tyres for the sake of road noise or are they roughly the same as budget tyres?

Budgets are typically crap. If you look at tyrereviews then you can pick the tyre for your car with what ever ratings you like such as dry grip, wet grip, road noise ect.

It's how I ended up with Yoko's. I don't mind the road noise but I wanted the dry grip.

Have a pop on and see what you think. Just be aware the website is a little ****ty in the design sense and will have you searching for ages. But the reviews are excellent with some from users added in the mix too.

I wouldnt ever put cheap tyres on a car like this. Maybe a 1.2 clio but not a renaultsport.

Ok I found out something spooky. Tyres have a code of 4 numbers that refer to the week and the year the tyre was made. 2 of my tyres were made in 2013 but the other two budget ones dont actually have a date. That is rather worrying. I think its time to look for replacements.

Generally the stickier the tyre the more noisy it is, bit of a trade off really.

As for the manufacturing date not all companies do this but those who have their tyres used as control tyres in Motorsport generally do. You can buy Toyo R888 with the date stamp but usually they cost more.

Just make sure you throw on some decent tyres [MENTION=4238]Wanda[/MENTION]

Cheap tyres are cheap for a reason.

Ok I found out something spooky. Tyres have a code of 4 numbers that refer to the week and the year the tyre was made. 2 of my tyres were made in 2013 but the other two budget ones dont actually have a date. That is rather worrying. I think its time to look for replacements.

It will be on there somewhere, might be on the inside facing part of the tyre, ie the bit you can't see easily without taking the wheel offt. All tyres have to have a date stamp.

Ok got it sorted. Turns out that after my Brands hatch stint the budget tyres became un even which is why they were so noisy.

I have the toyos for track days. They are super noisy for our South African roads... Which aren't as bad as u may think. Take a short while to get to temp, but if you can live with that, then it's a brilliant tyre.