Tyres for Winter

Not Winter Tyres, not opening that can of worms! :wink:

My standard 197 is currently on Nankang NS2-R tyres. Great fun in the warmer months, less confidence inspiring in the colder, wetter months.

What do people recommend for the wetter weather? Had the RainSports in the back of my mind to try?

Debating whether to get a second set of alloys and just swap them around, but then cost and the pain of storage come into play...

I’ve got kumhos all round and they seem alright tbh - came on car

On my v8 m3 i have mp4s’s and they are bloody amazing so far. Took off Pirelli’s as the car wasn’t settled at wet fast bends

I'm with @Antti O. Michelin PS4 are excellent both in the dry & in the wet. As one tyre for all year round use they're great. Don't know about snow, but if you don't want to go down the winter tyre route I'd be using PS4.

Not Winter Tyres, not opening that can of worms! :wink:

My standard 197 is currently on Nankang NS2-R tyres. Great fun in the warmer months, less confidence inspiring in the colder, wetter months.

What do people recommend for the wetter weather? Had the RainSports in the back of my mind to try?

Debating whether to get a second set of alloys and just swap them around, but then cost and the pain of storage come into play...
Could easily be tempted to part with my rainsports (done 300 miles).
Whereabouts you based?

Had rainsport 3’s on my 172 road wheels and they were fine. All depends how you intend on driving tbh.

Yes an all season tyre will offer much better grip than a summer tyre but summers are fine as long as you drive appropriately for the conditions

I now use AD08Rs in the summer and Uniroyal Rainsport 3s as my winter/wet tyres. they went on 1st weekend in November and will stay on until my first track day in March/April means I dont have to worry about getting new tyres going into winter after a season on the track.

@Big Ben - I'm based in High Wycombe.

Have another car for when the weather gets really cold, but like the Clio as it doesn't take itself too seriously (unlike my S4!)

Will look at PS4 but initial thoughts are that they might be a little more than I want to spend. Guess I could swap them for the Kankangs permanently mind.... Hmm.

Similar Thread Suggestions