Tutuur's Big turbo Clio R27

So, i've finally made some pics so thought it was about time to start a project thread.

The car needs some tlc but i'll take care of that in the future.

First thing i did to the car was buy and fit a H&R Monotube coilover kit, i also bought a cup spoiler with carbon end caps but it needs to be sprayed still.
Today i painted the front grilles and rear diffuser satin black as i'm not into cleaning so this is the easiest way out.

Enough with the talking, here are the pics:

IMG_8982_zpsn8djchne.jpg
IMG_8981_zpsr1lkcpja.jpg
IMG_8980_zpsrmus2qy1.jpg
IMG_8979_zpsciundbvq.jpg
IMG_8984_zpsskcxxw7r.jpg
IMG_8983_zpslcuwme9u.jpg

The car won't stay standard for long, i'll keep you guys updated!

Cheers,

Arthur

Reactions: Pav
Plate is standard like that, it is a 'luxury' plate though with plastic letter layd onto it. Normal plates are pressed

Liquid Yellow looks lovely in the sun, shame an iphone camera can't catch it;/

Looks very nice, love the ride height :smile:

Love the satin black bits due to not being into cleaning, I can so relate to that!! :smiley:

Don't have any closeups but it looks like it just been wiped with bumper black, the beautifull thing is it'll last way longer!

So, the choice of wheels has gone to 3sdm 0.01's in 18". Now for the more wheel educated people i hear you think, yes these only come in 5x112.

Shame Renault chose such a ****ty PCD so it was time to modify the discs and hubs:

372_zpsppw4vlap.png
365_zpsfmwbvuuw.jpg
364_zps0g9jh6hd.jpg

Now i wanted 18x8,5j (ET45) alround but after a bit of digging i noticed i might be able to fit 9,5j(ET40) in the rear. However because of the deep concave the offset is way too low so it was time to modify the stub axles:

345_zpso7aheyrq.jpg
344_zpsdxkhlspo.jpg

Then for the ones not knowing what wheels the 3sdm 0.01's are:

20150320_IMG_8793_zpsvoirv1ms.jpg

Tyre of choise are Hankook V12 evo in 225/40 for the rear and 215/40 in the front. ideally i would need 35's in the front because of clearance but i don't know whether i'll be able to abuse them as much as a 40 profile....

The wheels are due to be delivered the end of this month, i hate waiting!

Last edited:
Keep them coming. Love progress threads, especially when they are trying something different with their cars like you are. A lot of 197/200s end up looking very similar to each other.

Different! - Which isn't a bad thing. It's nice that someone is still out there pushing tastes and boundaries for the car.

Look forward to seeing them fitted