TRW Slave cylinder - robust design

jaggeler

Paid Member
There is a slave cylinder from TRW (part#: PJQ192) with alloy housing what should be more robust than the original Valeo plastic part.

Attachments

• IMG_6362.JPG
    IMG_6362.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 48
There is a slave cylinder from TRW (part#: PJQ192) with alloy housing what should be more robust than the original Valeo plastic part.

It certainly looks more substantial

I'm sure I've seen something similar in an LUK clutch kit cant remember if it was a alloy housing but it had a metal pipe rather than the plastic on the gen' item

I 'm using the LUK and can't recommend it because it's also a plastic housing and by inspecting it with a endoskop I saw that the rubber boot is in bad condition after 10.000 km of usage.

I think mine is about to give up .
I have some noises from stationary(when release the clutch) and weird feeling on the clutch when it happens.
Too bad,to change it need to remove ths gearbox :worried:

I 'm using the LUK and can't recommend it because it's also a plastic housing and by inspecting it with a endoskop I saw that the rubber boot is in bad condition after 10.000 km of usage.

Where abouts did you get the endoscope into the bell housing? Ordered one this week after refitting my gearbox. Want to have a look at what's going on with the new slave cylinder I've fitted leaking slightly.

Has anyone found a good place to buy one of these metal style slave cylinders from? Not been able to find any instock.

Where abouts did you get the endoscope into the bell housing? Ordered one this week after refitting my gearbox. Want to have a look at what's going on with the new slave cylinder I've fitted leaking slightly.

Has anyone found a good place to buy one of these metal style slave cylinders from? Not been able to find any instock.

I drilled a 5 mm hole into the bell housing.

Reactions: tombate911
IMG_6316.JPG
Where did you decide to throw the hole in the housing? I've bought my self an endoscope so will be having a look whats going on inside next week.

Cheers.

The left one is to inspect the clutch disc trough the pressure plate (hope that's the right word for the part with the spring) and the right one is to inspect the slave cylinder.